|Date Posted||June 17, 2017|
Senior Reservoir Engineer
Location: All Brisbane > Brisbane
Worktype: Full Time
Profession / Role: Mining, Oil & Gas > Oil & Gas - Eng. & Maintenance
In January 2017, Armour entered a 5 year gas sale agreement with APLNG providing the business with strong cash flow certainty over the early years of its transition to a production company, with contracted gas volumes of up to 3.65PJ/a. In May 2017, Armour acquired Santos’ interests a number of the Armour operated leases, giving it 100% ownership on those permits. These transactions have positioned the business as a long-term player in the Australian gas market and have been a key to its transition into production.
Based on this recent success, a requirement for a skilled Senior Reservoir Engineer has become apparent. As the engineering focal point for the business, the Senior Reservoir Engineer will work closely with the Chief Geologist and lead external partners in evaluating field performance by conducting reservoir modelling studies and exploring opportunities to maximise the value of both exploration and production opportunities and properties. The position will enjoy the diversity of the Company’s project portfolio, working on assets both domestically and abroad.
- Estimate reserves and forecast for evaluations and development planning
- Conduct reservoir simulation studies and optimise recoveries
- Predict reserves and performance for well proposals
- Develop and apply reservoir optimisation techniques that flow down stream
- Coordination of well testing design and analysis for future wells
- Ensure that future reservoir testing is undertaken efficiently and is of a high quality as per industry standards
- Develop cost effective reservoir monitoring and surveillance programs
- Support all technical reports, ensuring all objectives are met
- Ensure reservoir engineering appraisal and development objectives are maintained
- Tertiary qualification in Petroleum Engineering
- 10 - 20 years of experience in upstream O&G with time spent in an owner’s team environment
- Significant experience in conventional reservoirs including wet gas and tight gas
- Highly developed skills in reservoir simulation/ stimulation
- Track record in monitoring facility performance using common industry-wide software
- Broader understanding of well performance, production engineering, and petroleum economics
- Out-of-the-box thinker, accomplished problem solver, while being methodical in their approach
- Self-starter who is resilient, who can work autonomously, and takes full ownership of the work they produce
If you are looking to join a close-knit team that strives for excellence in every aspect of their business, then you are encouraged to apply. You will be greeted with a highly competitive remuneration package and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
To apply please follow the link and upload your resume in word format. Resourceful Recruitment has been retained as the exclusive recruitment partner for this assignment. Any direct enquiries to Armour Energy will be reverted back to Resourceful Recruitment.
If you have any questions about this position please contact Conor Murdock at Resourceful Recruitment on 07 3214 3603.
Date Posted: 16/06/2017 3:34:00 PM