|Date Posted||May 29, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Senex is a growing exploration and production company with a 30-year operating history. The company holds interests in over 68,000 square kilometres of oil and gas acreage across the Cooper Basin and Surat Basin, two of Australia’s most prolific energy producing regions. Senex operates the majority of its assets, produces over one million barrels of oil annually, and is successfully building a material gas business. The company is headquartered in Brisbane and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:SXY).
The Senior Reservoir Engineer will work within a cross-functional subsurface team comprised of engineers, geoscientists and technicians involved in the assessment and active development of Senex Energy Ltd.’s acreage position in the Surat Basin. Strong leadership and communication skills are highly valued, as there may be scope to grow and develop a team in the future.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide reservoir engineering expertise for the Western Surat Gas Project (WSGP) and serve as a technical mentor for exploitation engineers, reservoir engineers, geologists and geophysicists.
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of Field Development Plans and exploration and appraisal programs.
- Monitor and analyze internal and peers’ data to build internal production forecast models to assist with field development, A & D activities, and booking reserves and resources.
- Able to effectively evaluate production and pressure data of existing wells with emphasis on deliverability prediction for economics modeling.
- Perform post well studies and integrate new data to existing maps and models.
- Construct reservoir surveillance plans including designing and implementing well tests and assessing surveillance data.
- Work with the geoscience team to prepare yearly appraisal and development well drilling programs.
- Prepare Reservoir Engineering Studies of key well performance parameters such as well spacing, completion design and choke management as input into field development plans.
- Generate and maintain reservoir simulation models incorporating all relevant subsurface data used in reservoir surveillance and field development across the company’s producing assets.
- Provide strategic technical support to the Production team on reservoir engineering matters.
- Prepare reserve reviews and annual reserve estimates with knowledge of SEC/PRMS reserves guidelines,
- Prepare economic evaluations including risk/uncertainty assessment.
- Evaluate acquisition and divestiture opportunities.
- Make independent decisions in planning, organizing, and completing technical assignments.
- Ensure integration and consistency between engineering and geological interpretation by collaborating with reservoir and exploitation engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists and geophysicists.
- Preparation of technical documents and presentations, for technical staff and management.
- Mentoring of less experienced and inexperienced individuals is required.
- Applying Workplace Health and Safety standards to all business activity and adhere to relevant policies.
- Complying with all Senex Energy policies and government regulations including but not limited to WHSE, aboriginal heritage and land ownership legislation, HR/ER/IR, Finance.
- Other duties as assigned by your Manager.
Qualifications / Experience
The incumbent will require the following qualifications and experience:
- BSc. in Engineering or relevant tertiary qualifications,
- 8+ years petroleum/reservoir engineering experience,
- Surat Basin CSG experience is highly desirable,
- Experience with reservoir simulation software (industry simulation software & industry well test software),
- Independent, self-motivated, creative, results oriented, can work to given deadlines,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle some ambiguity in analysis.
Please note applicants must have the right to work in Australia in order to be considered for this position.