|Date Posted||November 24, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
TITLE: Senior Reservoir Engineer REGION: Alkmaar & The Hague
DEPARTMENT: Subsurface team MANAGER: Subsurface manager
ROLES REPORTING INTO THE ROLE: N/A
TAQA is an international energy and water company listed in Abu Dhabi operating in 11 countries across four continents. In the Netherlands, we focus on the development of strategic energy infrastructure projects and on the exploration and production of oil and gas. TAQA operates oil and gas production platforms in the North Sea and natural gas storage and production facilities in the province of Noord-Holland for over 40 years.
TAQA is always in motion. We are a dynamic and ambitious company incessantly looking for new opportunities and ways to improve our business.
We have a powerful sense of purpose, a clear vision for the future and a shared set of values that we call The TAQA Way. When it comes to how we work together, no individual is greater than the team. We think that creativity and courage really set us apart. You’ll be given a lot of responsibility when you join the company, which you are expected to take. And you’ll get the space you need to do your job. Individual and team contributions really make a difference at TAQA.
Talented, flexible, team players – if you like what you hear, you’ll fit in well at TAQA.
Our success as a company depends on the engagement and passion of our people. Although our organization is large and global, locally we work with short reporting lines in an open and informal culture. We strive for diversity when attracting talent to our organization and give your personal development our full attention. There are plenty of career options both in the Netherlands and internationally.
In all we do, safety is our first priority. The safety and care of our people, as well as our surroundings and the environment.
TAQA means energy in Arabic. It is what we do and who we are.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
TAQA Energy BV is currently looking for a Senior Reservoir Engineer, responsible for TAQA’s producing gas fields, Europe’s largest gas storage Bergermeer, and the projects defined in the TAQA Energy 5 year plan. The successful candidate will become a member of a young, enthusiastic and highly skilled Subsurface team where every team member takes full ownership of the things to be done and where each team member can make a difference for TAQA.
The Reservoir Engineer works closely with the geophysicist and geologist to define drilling targets, generates expected recoverable volumes and optimizes depletion plans and production forecasts. On development projects the Reservoir engineer works closely with Production Technologist, as well as with the Facilities Engineer and Commercial team, to optimise production and to define scopes for further improvements.
- Decline management and reservoir analysis of recently started developments and the mature gas assets
- Responsible for new exploration and development wells in the P15/P18 area
- Evaluation of new projects in TAQA’s offshore P15/P18 acreage
- Reservoir Engineering evaluation for and support to the gas storage Bergermeer material balance and production/injection management tool
- 3D Dynamic modelling in Eclipse
- Develops, implements and actively manages capital projects which add value to the property
- Writing of decision support packages, well proposals, well intervention programs and study reports
- Support drilling operations
- Interfacing with the Operations and other relevant teams
- Support to TAQA’s partner operated asset portfolio (~20 blocks) and to assist in potential new acquisitions and farm-ins – both gas and oil
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- M.sc. or /Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering or similar
- 5 to 15 years’ relevant experience with a focus on gas
- A minimum of 3-5 years of direct field operations exposure
- Highly skilled in Eclipse 3D dynamic modelling
- Experience in gas reserve estimations using PRMS rules, decline curve analysis, production surveillance, and economic evaluations
- Well organized, self-motivated, effective time manager
- Ability to work independently, initiate projects and set priorities
- Knowledge of geophysics, geology, petrophysics and petroleum / production engineering and technology
- A broad understanding of the E&P business
- Proven track record of good communications with field staff and peers
- Knowledge of well testing and PVT
- Experienced in GAP, MBAL and PROSPER
- Safety and performance driven attitude
- Fluent in English, conversational Dutch a benefit
- Good communication and social skills
- Efficient use of MS office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
ESTIMATED START DATE: As soon as possible
WORKING HOURS: Full-time 38,75 hours per week
DURATION: 1 year TAQA contract with option to extend
LOCATION: Alkmaar / The Hague
Until April 2016: 3 days per week in The Hague / 2 days per week in Alkmaar. Thereafter full-time in Alkmaar