|Location||United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||August 9, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
My leading Operator are currently looking for a Senior Reservoir Engineer to join their growing team in UAE.
Planning and forecasting duties:
· Participate in Planning of new RDP/FRDP and Field Production Optimization projects.
· Provision of reserves and production forecasts, sensitivities and risk evaluations for projects economic evaluations.
· Formulate alternatively field - reservoir development scenarios tailored to specific conditions
· Participate in planning, monitoring and following-up of horizontal, highly deviated wells.
· Providing calibrated simulation models from special history matching techniques based and alternative scenarios for production predictions.
· Drive projects towards results within expected time, quality and budget constraints.
· Plan and track work related to project goals.
· Keep on track with evolution and new technologies in the reservoir engineering and closely related disciplines in order to improve performance and reduce costs.
· Document all relevant information to keep the management of Reservoir Engineering department posted.
· Provide high quality input as member of the multidisciplinary teams to reservoir development projects.
· Work within integrated reservoir studies teams, field development and implemention teams.
· Draw up Reservoir Engineering for new technology opportunities on Reservoir Simulation within Integrated Reservoir Modeling using Petrel RE, Eclipse or similar.
· Assure support and guidance to Asset of projects implementation, production monitoring and analysis to verify compliance with forecast
· Calculate hydrocarbon-in-place and reserves estimations.
· Participate in auditing
· Undertake new & mature field development/redevelopment studies, production forecasting and optimisation.
· Undertake development and redevelopment studies of water-flood, heavy-oil, and enhanced oil recovery projects as well as involvement in their implementation, management & optimisation.
· Perform reservoir and project risk assessments and assist with decision and economic analysis.
· Involvement in well test design & analysis, decline analysis and risk analysis.
· Providing technical expertise on Reservoir Simulation and Integrated Reservoir Modeling across Petroleum Engineering department studies and projects.
· Co-ordinate with Assets, Project & Engineering, and Drilling on the flow of project approval documentation, timing, resources, post implementation results & data documentation.
· Alignment of the activities to other project's activities and priorities.
· Project leaders to explain technical solution adopted to the stakeholders & government agencies in order to get their approval and keep them informed at each stage of the project.
· Report any ongoing activities / status / projects within the Reservoir Engineering department to the line manager and peers.
· Support other colleagues and to mentor the development of less experienced professionals.
· Participate in software and training issues.
· A university degree in Engineering, preferably in Petroleum Engineering, or any other related discipline.
· Minimum 8 years of relevant Reservoir Engineering: reservoir evaluation, field development and reservoir management.
· Proficiency in spoken and written English.
· Ability to evaluate field development opportunities by integrating geology, geophysics, petrophysics, reservoir, well & production facility data.
· Strong analytical approach in solving complex technical problems within a multi-disciplined environment.
· Proficient reporting and presentation skills.
· Ability to work within a cross-functional, multi-cultural team.
· Proficient in the use of the industry standard reservoir engineering software (MBal, Prosper, PVTP; Crystal Ball; Topaze; Saphir; Petrel RE; Eclipse or similar).