|Date Posted||December 22, 2016|
About the Role:
As a Senior Reservoir Engineer, you will demonstrate a high level of technical reservoir engineering skills in both local and international settings to guide and apply technical solutions in order to drive business outcomes. You will have ownership to work a reservoir engineering scope independently whilst having the opportunity to work with world class assets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership to a multidisciplinary team using training, knowledge and experience to impact business decisions across the function
- Influence and gain the support of key stakeholders to deliver improved business outcomes
- Apply technical reservoir engineering expertise particularly in analytical and numerical modelling
- Provide expert advice, applying state of the art reservoir engineering software (Schlumberger suite, Petex suite and KAPPA)
- Manage competing business priorities and resolve challenges from stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to overcome issues and reach mutually agreeable outcomes
- Apply a continuous improvement mindset and successfully drive and implement solutions
Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate (BSc/MSc/MEng/BEng) or post-graduate (PhD) degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline
- Extensive and demonstrable experience as a Senior Reservoir Engineer
- Possess strong core Reservoir Engineering skills as well as experience within a specialisation of the Reservoir engineering discipline (eg PVT, Material Balance Modelling)
- Strong analytical skills, regularly solving complex problems independently
- Strong understanding of handling uncertainty to define value appropriately and make informed recommendations and/or decisions
- Ability to influence and respond to technical challenges with senior management and external partners in presentation and meeting environments
- Ability to balance business risks and apply judgement where appropriate to support high quality technical results
Recognition & Reward:
A career with Woodside is rewarding both personally and professionally. We offer:
- Opportunities to undertake interesting work on world-class projects
- Career development through professional development programs and by working alongside industry leaders
- Financial rewards that are linked to performance through an annual bonus and share plans for permanent employees.
- Above industry superannuation contributions
Woodside aspires to be an industry leader in diversity.
How to Apply:
Click APPLY to submit your application.