|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||March 15, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
G-TECH Services is seeking a Senior Reservoir Appraisal Engineer for a direct, salaried opportunity, with an Oil & Gas company located in Houston, TX. Qualified Engineering candidates work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team performing a variety of reservoir engineering duties related to gathering and analyzing data, appraising and monitoring well and reservoir performance, estimating reserves, predicting future performance to ensure optimum recovery, and determining if projects meet company economic guidelines.
- Carry out field and reservoir studies as part of an integrated team, and perform reservoir engineering functions including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, waterflood studies, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc.
- Provide technical expertise to subsurface risk discussions and decisions, in the generation of appropriate ranges for resource potential, production rates, conceptual development plans, cost estimates and project timing, and in performing sensitivity analysis on any critical factors identified.
- Prepare project economics as required for exploration operations and makes appropriate AFE recommendations.
- Support Appraisal teams in evaluation of deepwater projects, including construction of economic models, probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting, evaluation of possible development scenarios, commercial thresholds, capital commitments, operating expenses and overall operational plans.
- Significant collaboration and integration with G&G and Petrophysical team members.
- Perform risked economic assessment including decision tree analysis.
- Help design the formation evaluation program and assist in the log analysis, fluid analysis, and core analysis efforts on appraisal projects.
- Organize and maintain well and field data information to establish resource revisions as appropriate and to provide engineering consulting firms with appropriate data in a concise format for year-end reserve determinations, as needed.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations for management reviews, peer reviews and technical committee meetings.
- Represents company in meetings and interactions with working interest partners.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Petroleum, with a minimum of 10 years of oil and gas industry experience working in multi-disciplinary teams adding value to assets through the application of solid reservoir management skills.
- Experience in evaluation and development of deepwater reservoirs is preferred, with strong preference for Gulf of Mexico expertise. Similar deepwater experience in other Frontier Basins would be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to use petroleum engineering principles to solve problems and identify enhancement opportunities.
- Fluency in integrated production modeling tools (Gap, Prosper, MBal, etc.) desired.
- Must have strong technical background in reservoir engineering including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, waterflood studies, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc. and a good understanding of geology. Petrophysical and detailed MDT analysis skills helpful.
- Flow assurance and reservoir simulation exposure a plus.
- Requires proficiency with economic analysis software (such as Aries, Peep, etc.).
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work in highly charged, fast-paced work environment and be able to simultaneously handle multiple projects.
It is G-TECH Services, Inc.'s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person's race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.