|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
More information about this job:
The Senior Appraisal Reservoir Engineer will be able to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team performing a variety of reservoir engineering duties related to gathering and analyzing data, appraising and monitoring well and reservoir performance, estimating reserves, predicting future performance to ensure optimum recovery, and determining if projects meet company economic guidelines.
- Carry out field and reservoir studies as part of an integrated team, and perform reservoir engineering functions including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, waterflood studies, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc.
- Provide technical expertise to subsurface risk discussions and decisions, in the generation of appropriate ranges for resource potential, production rates, conceptual development plans, cost estimates and project timing, and in performing sensitivity analysis on any critical factors identified.
- Prepare project economics as required for exploration operations and makes appropriate AFE recommendations.
- Support Appraisal teams in evaluation of deepwater projects, including construction of economic models, probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting, evaluation of possible development scenarios, commercial thresholds, capital commitments, operating expenses and overall operational plans.
- Significant collaboration and integration with G&G and Petrophysical team members.
- Perform risked economic assessment including decision tree analysis.
- Help design the formation evaluation program and assist in the log analysis, fluid analysis, and core analysis efforts on appraisal projects.
- Organize and maintain well and field data information to establish resource revisions as appropriate and to provide engineering consulting firms with appropriate data in a concise format for year-end reserve determinations, as needed.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations for management reviews, peer reviews and technical committee meetings.
- Represents company in meetings and interactions with working interest partners.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Petroleum, with a minimum of 10 years of oil and gas industry experience working in multi-disciplinary teams adding value to assets through the application of solid reservoir management skills.
- Experience in evaluation and development of deepwater reservoirs is preferred, with strong preference for Gulf of Mexico expertise. Similar deepwater experience in other Frontier Basins would be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to use petroleum engineering principles to solve problems and identify enhancement opportunities.
- Fluency in integrated production modeling tools (Gap, Prosper, MBal, etc) desired.
- Must have strong technical background in reservoir engineering including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, waterflood studies, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc. and a good understanding of geology. Petrophysical and detailed MDT analysis skills helpful.
- Flow assurance and reservoir simulation exposure a plus.
- Requires proficiency with economic analysis software (such as Aries, Peep, etc.).
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work in highly charged, fast-paced work environment and be able to simultaneously handle multiple projects.
It is G-TECH Services, Inc.'s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person's race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the right opportunity.
At G-TECH, we embrace a personalized approach to professional staffing, recognizing the important link between employee and employer satisfaction. We work tirelessly to connect qualified job seekers with positions that align with their career goals, skillsets and personalities. Upon placement, we support our employees throughout the duration of their assignments, providing them with a direct point of contact who serves as a dedicated advocate and sounding board. As our employees can attest, this approach is consistently effective in bettering the contract employment experience.
At G-TECH, our mission is simple: we are dedicated to connecting great people with great places to work.