|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||February 28, 2017|
Premier Acquisition & Divestiture (A&D) firm seeks a take-charge Senior Reservoir Engineering Analyst who can work independently and with staff engineers to contribute to the success of the firm. This individual must have a strong desire to work in investment banking. The ideal candidate will be an ARIES expert. Position requires heavy data manipulation, querying and data management.
• Responsible for technical data retrieval and record keeping, data organization and processing, reports and graphics, technical data analysis, reserve calculations, and economic evaluations.
• Create applications to facilitate reservoir modeling and budget planning.
• Create graphs, maps, spreadsheets and economic projections.
• Run performance management and lookbacks on risk/reserve analysis files and prepare for management review.
• Assist with the construction of presentations, pitch books and exhibits.
• Must be able to create working reserves/economic databases from “the ground up” pulling production from various state websites, DrillingInfo/HPDI, IHS or Lasser.
• Experience performing decline curve analysis a must.
• Ability to build type curves from investor presentations or from raw public production data highly desired.
• Must understand the fundamentals of cash flow with ability to derive operating cash flow, rate of return, discounted cash flow and other related investment metrics.
• Must have commercial analysis aptitude and ability to construct and derive price differentials, shrinkage, fixed/variable LOE parameters from client financial or P&L statements.
• Must have an excellent work ethic and can prioritize project requests and timelines.
• Must be a team player, motivated, success-driven, problem/puzzle solver and have a great work ethic and personality.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, math or science related field preferred.
• Prior experience in Energy Investment Banking or A&D experience with an active E&P company.
• Advanced user of ARIES/Excel with high degree of understanding of ARIES coding, debugging, stream arithmetic and MS Access/Excel interfacing; PHDWin cash formulas a major plus.
• Other industry software packages (i.e. Spotfire, ValNav, PEEP, OGRE, PowerTools) a plus.
• Proficiency with database conversions.
• Offers a highly competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, excellent benefits.
• Opportunity to work with one of the premier Energy A&D firms.
• Opportunity to have a direct working role on notable A&D transactions.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume to:
J MAR & Associates