|Date Posted||June 2, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
Market: Offshore / Oil & Gas Oil & Gas
Period: Project based
For their R&D center IPS is looking for a Senior Researcher – Reservoir Engineer to be based in Kuwait.Functions and Responsibilities:
• Provide program-related subject matter expert input over the development of the R&D roadmap (e.g., diagnosis of problems, identification and scoping of solutions).
• Identify requirements to implement the R&D program (e.g., manpower, laboratories, and budget).
• Provide input on the center’s program-related R&D laboratory specifications and technical equipment requirements in accordance with world-class standards and the requirements of company.
• Assess the various channels for project delivery (i.e., in-house vs. external collaboration) and recommend optimal one.
• Hold accountability for overall program delivery in line with delivery schedule, budget and development requirements.
• Lead the team of researchers and lab technicians to deliver on projects under the program.
• Ensure that laboratory operations are in line with the company and world-class best practices
• Provide subject matter input along the collaboration process
• Leverage collaborators relationships to keep abreast of the latest developments in the upstream oil and gas sector.
• Support the HR Team in the recruitment process.
• Perform other related duties such as preparing technical reports, conducting workshops, attending meetings, organizing seminars, managing the staff’s training requirements, operating a PC and ensuring compliance with HSEMS rules and regulations.
• Mentor and train researchers in program-related areas.
• PhD in Reservoir Engineering, Drilling Engineering or a related field;
• Minimum of 12 years of experience, can be 6 years operational and 6 years in relevant R&D experience;
• Proven by a track record of scholarships, publications and patents in the field;
• In-depth understanding of program-related fields with experience in leading multi-disciplinary projects in the oil and gas industry;
• Hands-on experience with operating laboratory equipment;
• Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams on multiple projects;
• Excellent interpersonal, team work and communication skills;
• Willingness and ability to travel world-wide to visit external collaborators and attend industry related conferences;
• Ability to work effectively in an embryonic environment;
• Problem solving mindset with a drive for value creation;
• Safety driven mind-set in laboratory operation;