|Date Posted||June 19, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
LSNA Energy Group LLC is an independent oil and gas exploration and development companies. Due to continued growth we are hiring a Senior Prospect Geologist to join the team. The successful candidate will be involved in assessing the exploration project, prospect generation, regional analysis and field development.
- Play identification map generation, analysis of the regional geology related to the current play concepts of the specific area.
- Reconstructing the exploration history and analyzing the cause of success/failure of previous exploration plans. Correlating the regional wells tied with the regional geology (stratigraphy).
- Analyzing the basic Petroleum system and basin modeling. Generating sand fairway maps and sedimentation fairway maps based on well correlation and seismic interpretation.
- Interpreting the existing information (or seismic map interpretation), correlated with the regional geology and well information.
- Communicate with Petrophysicists and integrate petrophysical results into the regional picture.
- Defining Leads and/or Prospects, estimating risk and resources (probabilistic and deterministic methods).
- Ranking Leads and/or Prospects and recommending bids. Establishing the risk critical factor and proposing additional studies to improve such risk.
- Conducting communications and discussions with other team members, Team Leader and Exploration Manager.
- Presenting the results on Peer Reviews, and LSNA internal Quality Control checks.
- Familiarity with both exploration and development workflows in both conventional and unconventional environments, generating and updating maps, logs, cross-sections and databases as required.
- Working knowledge of Petra and SMT Kingdom required along with a proficiency in Windows Office software
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Geosciences discipline.
- Team work and results orientated.
- Have experience in generating and selling prospects.
- Strong ability to analysis the cause of success or failure of exploration projects.
- Strong experience in generating regional stratigraphy map and sedimentation map efficiently.
- Strong experience on 3D seismic interpretation.
- IHS-Petra software and SMT software using experience.
- Have experience in drilling successful wells in gulf coast area is a big plus
- Experience in gulf coast in LA and Alabama is a plus.
- 10+ years of industry experience as an onshore Geologist with both conventional and unconventional reservoir.
- Broad subsurface data interpretation skills including seismic interpretation and mapping capabilities, good knowledge of basic sequence stratigraphy, sedimentology, structural geology, log correlation and interpretation and basin modeling (Petroleum Systems) analysis concepts.
- Record of exposure to multiple basins in different tectonic, sedimentary and operational settings, preferably in Gulf Coast area.
- Team working skills, capable of integrating and working together in a small group of highly qualified geoscientist and less experienced staff.
Please upload your resume with following format, thanks.
"objective job title"_"your full name".(doc,pdf), for example, Sr. Prospect Geologist_John Smith.pdf