|Date Posted||May 28, 2018|
Purpose of Job
The Well and Reservoir Management team constantly optimizes production system performance from reservoir to stock tank, defining Reservoir Management and Surveillance Plans under the umbrella of the Field Development and Management Strategy. They manage & analyze wells and reservoir performance against plan, maintain the well models and hence are the key holders of field knowledge.
They drive identification of new oil generating opportunities and issue field optimization proposals.
This posted position for a PT in one of the sandstone water flooded fields in a very mature cluster in PDO needs experienced reservoir management staff in Petroleum and Production Engineering who can proactively manage complex multilayered reservoirs with strong technical skills in inflow improvement, artificial lift (mainly ESPs, GL, BP and PCPs) and Conformance management. Work closely with operations, engineering, well engineering, well services and other Service Providers and Contractors to optimize production from the existing asset, in addition to having the opportunity to interact across PDO via one of the network technical focus groups (TFG’s), thus providing a lot of exposure internally.
Specific PT skills and experience in sand control is an advantage.
• Monitoring daily production and injection performance.
• Develop and execute effective wells and reservoir surveillance programs.
• Ensure effective production data management in conjunction with the Operations department.
• Identify, evaluate and recommend well interventions to optimize injection placement and withdrawals.
• Carry out detailed design of Artificial Lift systems, particularly of BP, PCPs, ESPs and Gas Lift and optimize their performance.
• Liaise with Artificial Lift technical specialists to identify or suggest AL system and data base improvements.
• Participate in Root Cause Analysis exercises; attend tear-downs!!
• Actively participate in the Technical Focus Groups for the various Artificial Lift Systems to share knowledge and improve AL processes
• Identify, evaluate and recommend remedial well work to improve inflow performance through stimulation, additional and/or improved perforations.
• Able, to a certain degree, to evaluate and recommend sand Control & sand management strategy
• Identify and run necessary cased hole logs to ensure well integrity meets minimum standards.
• Enhance injection and production profiles within the well bore to improve waterflood recovery through re-completions, selective isolation using patches, foam and gel diverters.
• Identify, evaluate and recommend facility options to minimize system bottlenecks and work with the Operations group to achieve target improvements.
• Coach and mentor less experienced staff in line with their staff development plans.
• Work closely with operations, engineering, well engineering, well services and other Service Providers and Contractors to optimize production from existing assets (reservoir, wells and surface facilities)
• Work with the Operations team to reduce water and gas handling costs, justify flow line and common line repairs, manage water disposal.
• Support deployment of technology to improve well & reservoir performance in water flooded fields
• University degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent technical subject
• Technically strong in own PE field with good all around knowledge of other PE disciplines with typically a minimum of 10 years of experience of which a minimum of 4 is related to WRFM
• Strong leadership skills, effectively leading multidisciplinary teams and a strong team player
• Effective communicator, experienced & effective coach/mentor, strategic thinker & change agent