|Date Posted||July 24, 2017|
- Monitor and evaluate well, reservoir and field performance with a view to optimizing daily production and recoverable reserves through the design of well completions (particularly horizontal completions) and artificial lift methods, understanding the constraints on the wells, reservoirs and facilities
- Identify areas of poor performance and formulate solutions through proposals for well interventions that will improve productivity
- Initiate and participate in the design and programming of well completions, in particular horizontal completions, with the aim of optimizing well inflow performance for the (mostly horizontal) liner completions
- Assist in drawing up a sand management strategy, addressing monitoring, prediction and exclusion methods
- Provide Production Technology input to field development plans, including well completion design, well performance prediction, optimum artificial lift method, production chemistry issues, processing facilities, HSE issues, risks and uncertainties, etc.
- Advise operating departments on the physical constraints applicable to the well / reservoir / field production (e.g. sand, water, gas production, scaling potential, corrosion potential, etc.
- Liaise with other sections / departments
- Actively search for improvements, keeping abreast of new technology and incorporating it where applicable to improve the Company's overall effectiveness
- Participate in operational Duties outside office hours
- Minimum of ten (10) years practical production technology experience with an operating company or specialist service company
- Knowledge/proficiency in the use of SAP
- Extensive computer skills in using Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) plus other software pertinent to the work performed would be advantageousDegree in Engineering and Physical Sciences
- SPE or any related professional qualification will be ideal