|Location||colorado, United States|
|Date Posted||September 25, 2017|
Berry Petroleum Company, LLC is actively searching for a Sr. Production Engineer for our Rockies division . We are searching for a highly experinced, team-orientated individual to join our Rockies Asset team. This position can be based in the Rockies field locations or out of our Dallas office.
The Sr. Engineer 3 conducts moderate to complex engineering studies using advanced engineering concepts. Works with field staff with design and implementation of new well development and optimization projects in mature fields. The successful candidate will work as a task leader or team leader on assignments that require a broad knowledge of engineering under general supervision and guidance from management.
- Pursues/implements new methods and ideas to enhance production, increase operational efficiencies, and decrease expenses.
- Regularly applies a variety of engineering principles.
- Continually grows skill set through application of established processes.
- Independently performs key operations and functions.
- Monitors daily well performance and optimizes operations.
- Recommends changes to processes based on previous observations.
- Occasionally mentors, guides, or directs less experienced engineers.
- Performs all conventional aspects of engineering work.
- Exercises independence in evaluating, selecting, and applying standard or well-defined engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Develops recommendations for more difficult and complex issues.
- Uses independent judgment in making and prioritizing limited adaptations and modifications.
- Practices in knowledge sharing as new information and discoveries are uncovered.
- Ensures compliance with all governmental regulations, procedures, and practices.
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs.
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S; knowledge and safety standards.
- Collaborates with both the operational and EH&S; team to effectively meet area and departmental EH&S; goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Certificates, Licenses
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
· Master’s Degree preferred
· Complexity and scope involves knowledge and skills generally acquired through up to 10 years of progressive work experience in oil and gas exploration and production.
· Minimal of 5 years in production, facilities, and field operations.
· Rockies regional experience in several oil and gas producing basins, including exposure to multiple state regulatory schemes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Proficient in Rod Pump design and optimization
· Gas well Plunger lift working knowledge
· Can design and supervise well interventions and stimulation as needed with some guidance · Be proficient with workover operations including fishing and cased hole wireline operations
· Basic understanding of oil and gas law and regulations, as needed to insure well operations are in compliance.
· Basic understanding of operating agreements.
· Working knowledge of gas Compression and gathering.
· Working knowledge of oil and gas facilities including SWD and water handling.
· Ability to perform NODAL analysis and IPR studies.
· Be able to build and maintain working relationships with multiple fields.
· Exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
· Demonstrated ability to think analytically and solve complex problems.
· Work independently and collaboratively within a team environment to produce results.
· Demonstrated ability to interpret codes, regulations, and practices.
· Positive attitude and support for company culture and goals.
· Primarily office work environment
· Routine work involves common office activities during a typical 9-hour day such as standing, sitting, walking, typing, and twisting as necessary
· May be required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties nor account for all abilities required to perform the job. It is a general description of the nature of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production & Facilities: 5 years
- Engineering: 10 years