|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||February 19, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Senior Production EngineerABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Gulfport Energy Corporation is an Oklahoma City-based independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company with its principal properties located in the Utica Shale and along the Louisiana Gulf Coast.
Gulfport Energy's core management and technical teams are comprised of proven oil and gas professionals, with experience and expertise in multiple regions including salt dome structures of the U.S. Gulf Coast, and the Utica Shale Basin in Ohio. An entrepreneurial spirit resonates from the executive management team throughout the organization. We seek to leverage recent technological advancements in the oil and gas industry to fully exploit our principal producing acreages in each of our geographic regions while balancing the portfolio with a collection of long-term value opportunities that provide high-impact upside potential. OPEN DATE 2/17/2017 CLOSE DATE LOCATION Oklahoma City - Oklahoma CATEGORY Operations POSITION Senior Production Engineer FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Exempt SHIFT Days DESCRIPTION JOB SUMMARY:
The Senior Production Engineer works closely with an experienced Operations team to monitor and optimize well performance and design/implement new well completions. Duties, including, but not limited to, well performance analysis, project economic evaluations, completions procedures, workover procedures, artificial lift design/implementation, well performance evaluation, etc.
- Design, implement and optimize artificial lift when necessary
- Analyze and evaluate producing well performance with respect to geological characteristics, completions strategies, and production methodology
- Prepare cost estimates, procedures, and AFE’s for workovers and recompletions
- Analyze LOE and optimize costs on well by well / pad by pad basis
- Work with multidisciplinary team to promote continual performance optimization
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with field personnel, operations team, and management team
- Ability to prepare and implement technical recommendations on new well completions through the production life of the well
- Proficiency in production optimization, artificial lift design/implementation, LOE analysis
- Ability to travel as needed in and out of state with overnight stays necessary
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering from ABET-accredited university
- 5+ years of production and/or completions engineering experience, preferably in unconventional shales
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work with a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with MS Office
- Experience with Spotfire, Merrick and Aries preferred
- E.I.T. certification and/or MBA a plus
Ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary. Ability to drive for long periods of time, walk and/or stand for long periods of time, perform work in all types of weather conditions.
This job operates in both a professional office environment and a field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, iPads and iPhones. Travel to field offices usually reflects similar office environment; however, regular trips to well locations may involve exposure to equipment, dust, noise, debris, and varying weather conditions and will require proper PPE.
This job requires travel both in and out of state.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time salaried position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but can vary due to workload/needs of the company. This position requires an individual who can answer emergency calls at any time. This employee must be available to come to work during off-hours and/or weekends to address emergency conditions or other situations that may arise
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. Gulfport Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Gulfport also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, except where such an accommodation would cause an undue hardship.
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally-protected class of individuals.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.