|Date Posted||August 29, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Type of RolePermanent preferredJob FunctionEngineeringLocationCalgary, AB. CanadaJob Description
TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, is ranked among the top 15 largest oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 80,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Senior Production Engineer
TAQA North is currently searching for a Senior Production Engineer. The Sr. Production Engineerreports to the Asset Director of the Mature Area and works within a team of Engineers/Technologists (Production, Reservoir, Exploitation) and Geoscientists (Geology, Geophysics). This role is assigned technical responsibility for oil and gas properties within a geographic area. Working closely with a team of professionals, the Sr. Production Engineer provides technical support to the Asset Team and field operating staff on the design, implementation and operation of wells, gathering systems and production facilities. As a Senior member of the team, the Sr. Production Engineer initiates action, conduct field operations and monitors performance to ensure that budgeted cash flow is maintained and net present value is maximized.
The Senior Production Engineer responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Field Operations staff to proactively optimize wells, gathering systems and facilities. Develop and maintain good working relationship with field staff; visits the field regularly.
- Initiate activities to reduce operating costs and improve efficiencies.
- Initiate workovers and facility modifications to optimize production.
- Track results of workovers and well optimization projects including dollars spent and production impact.
- Conceive, implement and actively manage capital projects which add value to the property.
- Ensure projects are safely completed on time and within budget.
- Develop production forecasts and operating budgets for the property consistent with the reservoir depletion plan and the capital budget.
- Mentor Engineers and Technologists within Asset Team.
- Coordinate property reviews to identify optimization projects.
- Assist in the review of reserves assigned to the property to ensure proper recognition and valuation.
- When required, assist in the evaluation of potential acquisitions/divestitures by identifying upside.
Experience and Education:
- Professional Engineer with direct field operations exposure.
- 10-25 years experience in oil and gas engineering in Western Canada.
- Experience working in both sweet and sour oil and gas production environments.
- Excellent knowledge of gathering systems and gas compression facilities.
- Experienced in downhole work with a good knowledge of artificial lift systems.
- Ideal suite of computer skills: Excel, Accumap, WellView, Avocet, Peep, ValNav, Visage
- Well organized, self-motivated, good effective time manager.
- Ability to work independently, initiate projects and set priorities.
- Proven track record of good communications with field staff and peers.