|Date Posted||February 15, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
- Fantastic opportunity within the Subsurface Engineering Operations team
- Permanent role
- Location: Brisbane, QLD
- Application close date: 21st Februray 2017
ORIGIN – AUSTRALIA’S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia’s energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is continuing to invest in gas and condensate exploration and production, as well as developing and operating a world-class CSG production business, through Australia Pacific LNG. A leading producer of CSG in Queensland, with growing reserves and new gas exploration interests around Australia, we are seeking the right candidate to become part of the team that’s meeting growing demand for energy, and searching for tomorrow’s energy solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to join Origin's Subsurface Engineering Operations Team which forms part of APLNG Operations, Integrated Gas. Based in Brisbane, you’ll be responsible for providing technical and engineering knowledge to the Condabri asset from a subsurface perspective. The Condabri Asset is a CSG field in Origin's portfolio which has over 500 wells that help feed our LNG plant in Gladstone.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your skills and experience in well integrity, well availability and production optimisation while gaining excellent exposure to the APLNG Project.
Reporting to the Lead Petroleum Engineer East, your key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Identify and implement work-over opportunities to improve Mean Time to Recovery (MTTR) and Mean Time to Failure (MTTF)
- Analyse, improve and optimise well design in conjunction with peer review and after action reviews to capture lessons learnt. Provide input into work-over budget planning, Production Optimisation and Well Reviews with the Well Performance Team
- Assess, rank and justify production uplift and debottlenecking opportunities. Utilise the Operations Excellence Team’s process to progress these opportunities
- Work intimately with other teams, including Drilling and Completions, Reservoir Engineering, Process Engineering, Brisbane Integrated Operations Centre, Field Operations, Health and Safety, to meet the business demand by minimise production losses
- Align with the Reservoir Management Plan to obtain reservoir surveillance which is used for development planning
- Assist Condabri site operations with day to day subsurface issues
- Provide career development advice and mentorship to junior staff
- Work with Development team to help scope up new well packages to maintain field plateau
- Work with integrated Operations team to improve Supply Loss Tracking and provide input into the short term production forecast to ensure high level of accuracy for LNG
- Provide operating guidelines to the operations team
- Ensuring that life of field considerations is made and lessons learnt are regularly used to update guidelines
Is This You?
To succeed in this role you will be a sound communicator with the ability to collaborate and build relationships effectively with a wide range of stakeholders. You will combine this with strong analytical and interpretative skills, a high level of initiative and motivation, and the ability to prioritise workload effectively to meet deadlines.
You will also possess:
- A Bachelors in Engineering (Petroleum or similar)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the technical and commercial aspects in the upstream oil & gas sectors
- Minimum three years' experience in the upstream oil/gas or resources sector
- Experience in selecting and optimising a range of artificial lift types
- Experience in presenting information to senior management and the ability to influence outcomes through negotiation
- Proven skills in working effectively and efficiently in complex organisational structures
A Masters in Engineering or Business will be viewed favourably, as will RPEQ status (or ability to gain certification). Demonstrated extensive experience in CSG production and/or with Progressive Cavity Pumps will also be considered advantageous.
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.