|Location||Bakersfield, United States|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2017|
The Sr. Production Engineer 3 conducts moderate to complex engineering studies using advanced engineering concepts and provides operational support for the thermal sandstone fields. This role is responsible for daily engineering and production activities with an emphasis on job quality, safety, and cost associated with all production activities. Occasionally serves as task leader or team leader on assignments that require a broad knowledge of engineering under general supervision and guidance from management.
- Pursues/implements new methods and ideas to enhance production, increase operational efficiencies, and decrease expenses.
- Regularly applies a variety of engineering principles.
- Continually grows skill set through application of established processes.
- Independently performs key operations and functions.
- Monitors daily well performance and optimizes operations.
- Recommends changes to processes based on previous observations.
- Occasionally mentors, guides, or directs less experienced engineers.
- Performs all conventional aspects of engineering work.
- Exercises independence in evaluating, selecting, and applying standard or well-defined engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Develops recommendations for more difficult and complex issues.
- Uses independent judgment in making and prioritizing limited adaptations and modifications.
- Practices in knowledge sharing as new information and discoveries are uncovered.
- Ensures compliance with all governmental regulations, procedures, and practices.
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs.
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S; knowledge and safety standards.
- Collaborates with both the operational and EH&S; team to effectively meet area and departmental EH&S; goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification or Professional Engineer (PE) license preferred
- Complexity and scope involves knowledge and skills generally acquired through up to 10 years of progressive work experience in oil and gas exploration and production.
- Minimal of 5 years in production, facilities, and field operations.
- Regional experience in several oil and gas producing basins, including exposure to heavy oil (< 16 API) sandstone reservoirs, and thermal operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced working knowledge of broad-based engineering practices, theories, and principles.
- Demonstrated use of standard techniques, modifications, and extension of engineering theories, precepts, and field practices.
- Basic understanding of oil and gas law, including types of oil and gas interests and conveyances, and execution and recordation of title instruments.
- Basic understanding of operating agreements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and oil & gas economic software: Spotfire, Aries (or equivalent); LOWIS or EXPOC, OFM
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and solve complex problems.
- Efficiently manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to efficiently resolve conflicts through decisive resolutions.
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team environment to produce results.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret codes, regulations, and practices.
- Positive attitude and support for company culture and goals.
- Primarily office work environment
- Routine work involves common office activities during a typical 9-hour day such as standing, sitting, walking, typing, and twisting as necessary
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties nor account for all abilities required to perform the job. It is a general description of the nature of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Oil & Gas: 7 years
- Production & Facilities: 5 years
- Engineering: 7 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Professional Engineer
- Engineer In Training (EIT)