|Location||Sugar Land, Texas|
|Date Posted||June 27, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
This is an exciting opportunity to join a start up company and provide petrophysical engineering to support reservoir studies and performance evaluations to optimize the development of both unconventional and conventional reservoirs in North America.
Petrophysical skills should cover the entire range of issues encountered from exploration to development, with experience in designing well logging programs, managing data quality control of acquired log data, formation evaluations of critical wells, creating final log curves for input in reservoir models, reservoir description, and rock properties for seismic models.
Ability to integrate petrophysical work with geophysics, the geology and reservoir engineering is critical. Conducts advanced technical
studies independently or integrated with exploration and development teams, providing oversight to assure quality results. Strong understanding of core and core analysis and the ability to integrate the data into the analysis. Provide oversight to assure quality results within the Business Unit.
**The Principle Duties and Responsibilities, but not limited to
- Advice on production potential, petrophysical risk, reservoir characterization and petrophysical operations
- Provide appropriate state-of-the-art petrophysical solutions
- Understanding of LWD, wireline, core, logging tools, vendors, and geological operations to help various teams design logging and
- coring programs developed for best practices and cost efficiency
- Provide time critical log evaluations for drilling operations and decisions
- Use core evaluation with the ability to integrate core analysis in petrophysical interpretation and integrate that knowledge into
- reservoir characterization and development design
- Provide petrophysical inputs (calculations, curves, reservoir parameters, models, etc) and advice for reservoir characterization
- studies and models; integrate the discipline knowledge to achieve a fully integrated reservoir model
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize work according the company’s business plan
- Proven ability to be an integral part of business unit team while being an advocate for petrophysics.
- Team work and results orientated.
- ** Must be able to deliver work on time.
- Experience in analysis sand/shale reservoir and carbonate reservoir in gulf coast area
- Experience in all logging tools, Or a domain expert in resistivity log, or density log, or in sonic log.
- Experience in one of the 4 big service companies is a big plus.
- Experience in field drilling and logging experience on LWD, or Wireline.
- Experience in full suite petrophysics analysis on saturation, mineralogy, environment correction et al.
- Experience in well tie, pore pressure prediction.
- Must have experience in IP software.
- Rock mechanics and Rock physics experience is a plus.
- Have experience in drilling successful wells in gulf coast area is a big plus.
- Experience in gulf coast in LA and Alabama is a plus.
- 5+ years working experience is preferred.
- Technical specialist with a minimum of 5 years of experience working exclusively as a Petrophysicist using analysis to solve petroleum
- geology problems, well operations decisions and reservoir characterization
- Prefer advanced degree in Geoscience or Engineering with advanced training in petrophysics
- Ability to provide significant contribution to risk, resource and development potential
- Range of experience in the oil industry (exploration, operations, development)
- Proven ability to work with different personalities under stressful conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills