|Location||Москва, United States|
|Date Posted||January 19, 2018|
Statoil is working to develop a portfolio of exploration projects onshore/offshore Russia. The Petrophysicist will be expected to play a significant role in developing the technical case and prospectivity assessment of potential exploration projects and presenting the results to Statoil exploration management.
The successful candidate will work in Statoil’s Moscow exploration team with possible training assignments in Norway. Long term prospects for promotion and international assignments in Statoil.
- Geological or geophysical education
- Strong background in Petrophysical interpretation and prospectivity assessment
- Familiar with the geology of onshore Russian basins, particularly West and East Siberia, Volga-Urals and Timan-Pechora Basins
- Competent user of Techlog and/or Geolog systems and general usage of workstations. Petrel skills is a benefit
- Operational experience is a benefit
- Understanding of match between Russian logging methods and Western logging methods
- Familiar with methods of merging/calibration/normalization of logs with different quality
- Familiar with detailed log interpretation approaches, including reservoir characterization (for clastic and carbonates), lithology mapping, saturation calculation, volumetric model estimation, Source rock characterization, acoustic modelling, interpretation of modern logs (image logs, photoelectric factor, spectral gamma etc.)
- Good knowledge of core analysis methods required for petrophysical interpretation
- Understanding of well tests documents
- Skills to work in exploration and production assets
- Assist in planning of logging program for different assets. Follow up logging operation
- Advantage is experience and skills working in integrated reservoir simulation team
- Native Russian speaker, fluency in English and Norwegian would be an advantage
- 5-10 years of E&P; experience or more
- Experience of working in Western companies or Russian/Western JV companies is preferred
Strong interest in oil and gas exploration
Good team player
Ability to and interest in develop the technical skills of younger staff
Culturally sensitive, able to work with colleagues of different nationalities
Honest and of high integrity
Open-minded and ready for developing of his/herself
Ability to live by "I am safety" expectations
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.