|Location||Oslo, Head office, Norway|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
DNO is looking for a petrophysicist to work with G&G team in Oslo and provide petrophysical support to a mutli-disciplinary team involving geology, drilling and reservoir engineering in both exploration and development for all of DNO’s business units, including DNO Kurdistan and Norway licenses.
- Provide operational support to drilling wells including quality control and quality assurance of data, log analysis, post-drilling analysis, petrophysical reporting and data preparation for Petrel Studio.
- Lead planning and execution of formation evaluation programs to optimize team objectives.
- Provide petrophysical support to other disciplines: geophysics, rock physics etc. as business needs require.
- Communicate with logging vendors.
- Propose new technologies for data acquisition improvement.
Required qualifications & experience
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in petrophysical evaluation
- Significant experience in naturally fractured carbonate reservoirs is preferred
- Competent experience in siliciclastic reservoir
- Expertise in rock typing, pore typing and saturation-height modelling
- Working experience with Interactive Petrophysics
- Field-engineering experience in a logging company is preferred
- Working knowledge of the other disciplines (to know what needs to be done)
- Working knowledge in geomechanics
- Technical competency and high standards in quality of work delivered
- Independent worker, pro-active and self-motivated
- Ability to learn new software
- Flexible, adaptable, problem solving, resourceful
- Good interpersonal, presentation, communication and reporting skills (fluency in verbal and written English language), including recognition of local cultural requirements
- Ability to work independently, in team and across functional groups
- Initiative and desire to learn and expand within role