|Date Posted||January 23, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Summary of Role
- The Senior Petrophysicist will act as the Company's expert on all Petrophysical matters;
- To provide specialist petrophysical advice and support company's operated and non-operated assets and conduct quality control, integration and interpretation of various petrophysical information to minimize reservoir management uncertainties, maximise reservoir value and extend field life for company's assets;
- Integrate all well data for specific projects and undertake comprehensive petrophysical evaluations including porosity-predictions, cased & open hole log and core analysis;
- Support and participate in development of cost-effective, fit for purpose logging / coring programs in different borehole conditions and during various stages of field live to unlock difficult to access resource potential;
- Contribute on petrophysical studies by providing specialist technical advice to address formation evaluation challenges of low porosity, low permeability, complex lithology and naturally fractured reservoirs, etc.;
- Represent company at Technical and Operating Committee Meetings, workshops, farmout presentations and industry technical conferences to ensure that company's technical and financial aims are met;
- Mentoring & training of junior staff.
- Fluent written and spoken English
Qualification, Experience and Competencies
- B.Sc. degree in Geoscience, or Petroleum engineering or Engineering subject;
- Minimum 15 years of Petrophysics experience in an operating environment in exploration or field development geology and reservoir characterisation;
- International Operating experience is desirable.
The appointee will be invited to join the expatriate staff payroll on long term residential contract (married or single status). The importance of this key role will be reflected in the generous salary and expatriate benefits which includes bonus scheme, child education assistance, company car, accommodation to a high standard, medical cover for self and family, company bonus schemes, etc.
Interviews : As soon possible