|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Occidental Oil and Gas Corporation is one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies and the leading onshore operator in the Permian Basin of West Texas. We are looking for individuals that will be fully committed to our core values of integrity, innovation, and investment. Individuals that are driven to produce great results through collaboration, innovative thinking, and team effort in a diverse and multicultural environment.
This position will report to the World Wide Exploration special projects manager. As part of the special projects team, the successful candidate will support a variety of domestic and international projects focused on evaluation of conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
• Provide petrophysical support for exploration and evaluation projects.
• Work across functional teams sharing best practices knowledge of evaluation processes.
• Demonstrate understanding and proven track record in conventional and unconventional petrophysical analytical techniques.
• Provide guidance and expert advice in advanced core analysis.
• Work closely with geologists and geophysicists.
• BS degree or higher in a Geoscience or Engineering discipline.
• 10 or more years of Petrophysical Engineering industry experience.
• Knowledge of major Petrophysical software packages applied in the industry for well and reservoir interpretation
• Must be current with the latest industry tools and petrophysical interpretation techniques working with both clastic and carbonate reservoir systems.
• Familiarity with methods of core retrieval, handling, and competent in the design of conventional and special core analysis programs.
• Knowledgeable in petrophysical and geological analysis with a focus on core log data integration.
• Must be willing to work in integrated teams and have the ability to interact effectively with geoscientists.
• Experience with popular petrophysical software packages (e.g. IP, Recall, Openworks, Emeraude).
• Image log processing and interpretation skills desirable
• Strong rock mechanics background. Experience in evaluation of unconventional reservoir rocks is desirable.
• Strong mentoring and collaborative skills.
• Possess organizational skills. Good presentation and communication skills, written and verbal.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- United States-Texas-Houston
- CORP FUNC