|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
This position will report to the World Wide Exploration special projects manager. As part of the special projects team, the successful candidate will support a variety of domestic and international projects focused on evaluation of conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
• Provide petrophysical support for exploration and evaluation projects.
• Work across functional teams sharing best practices knowledge of evaluation processes.
• Demonstrate understanding and proven track record in conventional and unconventional petrophysical analytical techniques.
• Provide guidance and expert advice in advanced core analysis.
• Work closely with geologists and geophysicists.
• BS degree or higher in a Geoscience or Engineering discipline.
• 10 or more years of Petrophysical Engineering industry experience.
• Knowledge of major Petrophysical software packages applied in the industry for well and reservoir interpretation
• Must be current with the latest industry tools and petrophysical interpretation techniques working with both clastic and carbonate reservoir systems.
• Familiarity with methods of core retrieval, handling, and competent in the design of conventional and special core analysis programs.
• Knowledgeable in petrophysical and geological analysis with a focus on core log data integration.
• Must be willing to work in integrated teams and have the ability to interact effectively with geoscientists.
• Experience with popular petrophysical software packages (e.g. IP, Recall, Openworks, Emeraude).
• Image log processing and interpretation skills desirable
• Strong rock mechanics background. Experience in evaluation of unconventional reservoir rocks is desirable.
• Strong mentoring and collaborative skills.
• Possess organizational skills. Good presentation and communication skills, written and verbal.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- United States-Texas-Houston
- CORP FUNC