|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||July 22, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
The successful candidate will be based in Kuala Lumpur, reporting to the Technical Manager. He/she will be in charge of managing all petroleum and reservoir-engineering activities required in the business unit.
- Optimize field development plans and analyse well tests, pressure data, PVT and core data for use in reservoir simulation models.
- Work with development geologist to optimize the geological and reservoir simulation model.
- Liaise with the development geophysicist and development geologist to optimise the subsurface development plan and select exploration, appraisal and development well locations.
- Work with Operations Geologist and Drilling group on well designs, logging, casing, coring, and testing programmes.
- Assist the development geologist while drilling development wells and advise on changes to the programme that may be required as a result of unexpected geological events.
- Monitor well, field performance during the field life, and advise operations team to optimise field production rates and recovery.
- Present to JV partners and government authorities.
- Manage the hydrocarbon accounting processes and the reserves reporting.
- Provide technical support to business development teams in data rooms.
- Economics analysis/familiarity with Malaysia fiscal regime.
- BSc in Petroleum Engineering or other relevant Engineering Degree.
- 10 years’ experience in petroleum and reservoir engineering within an upstream operator company and preferably in Asia. At least 5 years` experience of reservoir engineering simulation (Eclipse/Tempest).
- Fluent in Malay and English.