|Location||Tulsa, United States|
|Date Posted||March 19, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states – Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .
The Senior Petroleum Engineer is primarily responsible for complex evaluations of oil and gas producing properties along with gas processing facilities; determines their present worth value, loan value and loan repayment capacity; relates the results of the appraisals to the Account Managers in order to determine collateral value for each. Provides supervision and guidance of Engineering Department personnel.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs complex analysis of individual well historical performance and/or processing facilities; includes confirmation of operating expenses and other required data necessary to perform evaluation; makes predictions regarding future production of oil and gas reserves; evaluates probable well production rate during natural or stimulated-flow production phases; identifies reasons for historical production or processing irregularities to determine if these will impact future performance thereby affecting value of the property.
- Supervises work of Engineering support staff; determines work priorities; schedules work assignments; selects, orients, trains, evaluates work performance of subordinate personnel and recommends hiring, terminations and associated personnel actions. Analyzes, maintains, and coordinates upgrades of all software applications used primarily by engineering department.
- Calculates loan value, half-life of properties, and other required loan data; writes reports of oil and gas well evaluations and and/or processing facilities for review by Account Mgr to provide them with supporting data needed to structure a loan; compares the results with outside reports; discusses findings with Account Mgrs to notify of oil and gas production problems and processing complications.
- Prepares engineering data for input in to computer systems in order to run economic analysis of oil/gas properties and/or processing systems.
- Reviews outside engineering reports and company sales, income and expense reports. Occasionally travels to borrower’s place of business to discuss engineering.
- Performs independent research and studies relating to oil and gas prices and interpretations, i.e., prepares oil and gas reservoir studies as needed and interpret available engineering data; supervises and coordinates recording of daily futures prices of crude oil and natural gas for determination of oil and gas prices to be used in economics.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of oil and gas production and terminology
- Extensive knowledge of oil and gas economics
- Extensive knowledge of petroleum economic analysis (i.e. Aries, OGRE, PHDWin and PowerTools)
- Thorough knowledge of commercial on-line data bases (i.e. IHS)
- General knowledge of commercial loan operations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to prepare written reports and presentations
- Excellent PC skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet applications and databases.
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelors Degree in Petroleum Engineering and 8+ years experience in oil and gas industry; or 15+ years of equivalent work related experience. Preferred: PE Certification
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.