|Date Posted||June 18, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Senior Petroleum Engineer
Your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- The Senior Petroleum Engineer will have responsibility for all reservoir and production engineering related aspects of the Red Gully, Gingin West and Red Gully North fields.
- Provide petroleum engineering and production engineering support and guidance to the Operations and Engineering Manager as well as to the CEO.
- Ensure that all fields, wells and work programmes are in compliance with local regulations/legislation.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in both field and well management and ensure that corrective actions are carried out within agreed timescales
- Ensure that Company policies are understood and implemented by personnel under his/her supervision.
- Planning and execution of all required slickline, wireline and workover operations.
- Planning and execution of all required well test operations
- Maintain well/xmas tree integrity
- Monthly production allocation for asset (incl. DMP reporting)
- Analyse and optimising both well and reservoir production performance and resolving relevant operational issues
- Build nodal analysis models to understand well flow behaviour
Reserves booking / modelling and PTA
- Take ownership of existing reservoir model on Red Gully and update as required with ongoing production data
- Monitor and manage annual PMRS reservoir booking process and present to independent auditors.
- Conduct reservoir studies, economic evaluation of reservoirs, wells, properties and facilities.
- Optimize reserves and determine economic viability of reserves, assets, acquisitions and divestments.
- Perform pressure transient analysis on operated production wells and exploration wells
Sampling and PVT studies
- Responsibility for PVT studies and sampling
- Short and long term production forecasts for annual budgeting and economic analysis
Economics for EMV and plant investment opportunities
- Economics for future investment in Red Gully wells and future exploration wells.
Exploration Well Planning
- Work with Geological and drilling team to plan well designs and budget/AFE exploration wells.
- Support drilling Superintendent in tendering for rigs, services and well tubulars
- Support drilling, coring and logging operations in a safe and cost effective way
- Plan, tender implement and report well testing operations on exploration wells in a safe and cost effective way.
- Review and recommend improvement practices on previous tested well on Empire's permits.
Qualifications, Skills and Qualities
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering (or similar such as Chemical, Processing Engineering)
- 8 years minimum relevant upstream oil and gas experience in reservoir and production / well engineering.
- Onshore Australia experience an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Principals of petroleum and production engineering for hydrocarbons
- Probabilistic assessment techniques
- Experience in use of industry-standard Petroleum Engineering software such as: Petroleum Experts suite (Prosper and GAP, PVT and MBal are desirable); OFM and production monitoring systems
- Petroleum/Well engineering all-rounder (Reservoir/ Production/ Drilling)
- Good commercial acumen
- Strong conceptual and problem solving ability
- Strong experience in conventional and unconventional onshore production
- Extensive experience with managing 3rd party service companies
- Exceptional HSE culture
- Ability to add value in projects and think in a low cost way
- High level of computer literacy, with strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work independently/autonomously to develop clear, business-focused recommendations and appropriate work-programmes
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with employees and stakeholders at all levels
- Hands on approach, motivated, driven with strategic focus and a "can do' attitude
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop relationships at all levels in the company
- Detail focused, with ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong intellectual ability
- Strong initiative, drive and motivation
- Ethical with high standard of integrity
- Versatile and adaptable
Applications close EOB Tuesday the 27th of June and will only be accepted through this Seek.com advertisement.
No recruitment agencies please.