Senior Petroleum Engineer in Oslo, Norway

at Direct Energy
Location Oslo, Norway
Date Posted August 22, 2018
Category Petroleum Engineer
Job Type Permanent

Description

Spirit Energy is looking to strengthen the development and production team in Oslo with a Senior Petroleum Engineer. The person will provide reservoir and production engineering support and provide technical advice to the asset, exploration, project and operations teams. The new employee will join a team of highly skilled reservoir engineers, production engineers and geologists and will also work with subsurface specialists and colleagues in other disciplines.

The role:
Monitore reservoir, production and injection performance on existing fields to optimize production and maximize recovery
Perform reservoir simulation modelling/studies and generate production forecasts
Reserves reporting
Perform well modelling and follow-up well performance
Technical input/support to new field development planning
Prepare and present material as required internally and to third parties e.g. Regulator/JV partners

Qualifications:
Sound technical knowledge and several years of experience within the oil & gas sector
Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to undertake complex tasks
User of dynamic modelling packages, preferably Petrel-RE/Eclipse/PETEX Suite/Sapphire
Good commercial awareness
Personal attributes that contribute to an effective team

Work experience:
Ideally 5-10 years of relevant working experience
Experienced and skilled in license work

Education:
Master of Science in Reservoir or Petroleum Engineering or equivalent

Language:
Strong communication, presentation and writing skills in both english and norwegian

Spirit Energy is one of Europe’s top independent oil & gas exploration and production companies. It was formed by a joint venture in 2017 between Centrica’s Exploration & Production business and Bayerngas Norge. The business is 69%-owned by Centrica plc, with the remaining 31% owned by Bayerngas Norge’s former shareholders, led by Stadtwerke München and Bayerngas GmbH.
The independent company was formed to combine a complementary mix of producing and development assets, and creates a robust, self-financing business to allow both organic and inorganic growth.
We strive for high performance and embrace diversity. Live our values every day - agility, care, collaboration, courage and delivery - yand join us to unlock your potential whilst helping us unlock the potential of our assets.

Have you got Spirit?

Related Posts