|Location||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2018|
Senior Petroleum Engineer
We currently recruiting for a Senior Petroleum Engineer in the Aberdeen area on a Permanent basis.
1. Production Optimisation: Responsible for Production and Petroleum Engineering activities for Catcher and other selected operated producing oil & gas asset(s). Optimise production & injection wells via surveillance techniques, well modelling & field implementation. Work closely with Operations on a day to day basis to continuously optimise production wells in response to any operational issues. Work closely with Reservoir Engineers to define and implement reservoir management plans.
2. Production Allocation and Forecasting: Provide oversight of well allocation processes. Provide timely production forecasts, production loss management and production efficiency tracking.
3. Enhancement Opportunities: Develop plans and proposals for well interventions and/or process enhancements that could unlock production potential. Update and document opportunity lists and ensure these are fed into the respective asset opportunity hopper. Prepare and lead annual well reviews for each asset.
4. Well Operations: Provide petroleum engineering support for any future well intervention operations. Be prepared to travel offshore to the wellsite should petroleum engineering supervision be required (this will be relatively infrequent, but important).
5. New Developments: Provide petroleum engineering support for any new field development or infill well drilling opportunities. Act as petroleum engineering focal point for completion and well test design. Provide advice and vendor supervision of artificial lift design, in particular for gas lift and ESP completions.
6. Peer Assist: Provide peer assist support and hands-on technical support to other Asset Teams as required. Mentor and develop junior PEs and others.
7. Manage External Relationships: Attend and present at JV partner meetings. Liase with third parties and manage external contractors as required. Carry out OGA production reporting and stewardship conformance duties as required.
Ability to work effectively within a multi-discipline team environment to develop clear, business-focussed recommendations and provide technical leadership.Clear communications: A major requirement of this role is to provide an interface between various departments and stakeholders within Premier such as: Asset Manager, onshore field operations team, offshore duty holder, well engineering, subsurface, production chemistry, process engineering, project construction, 3rd party vendors. As such, there will be a requirement to coordinate and collaborate across many different disciplines to influence asset performance improvement.
A degree in Engineering or a related discipline. Preferably a post-graduate qualification in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviours)
Skills / experience:
Extensive experience as a Petroleum Engineer with an E&P; Operator working on a broad range of operated field development and production projects.Track record of proactively proposing and implementing successful production optimisation opportunities and well intervention work.Experience and detailed understanding of Offshore well intervention operations, production operations, facilities optimisation and artificial lift techniques (gas lift, ESP, etc.) are required.
Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
Experience of classical Petroleum/Production engineering techniques.The candidate should have skills and experience in industry-standard Petroleum Engineering software such as: Petroleum Experts suite (Prosper and GAP required, PVT and MBal are desirable); OFM and production surveillance systems.Knowledge of OGA production reporting systems is required, to generate the monthly PPRS as well as the annual stewardship submission.Good awareness of latest industry innovations and technology.
Attributes and behaviours:
Highly motivated goal-oriented professional who can set own challenging goals and has the drive to meet them.Aligned with the Premier Oil "barrel-chasing" philosophy and the desire to create value through increasing production.Ability to bring technical leadership to the Petroleum Engineering discipline.Able to establish technical credibility in order to gain the respect of peers, supervisors, and external third parties.Ability to develop practical solutions to problems and make clear recommendations to senior management in the BU, corporate and function - whilst articulating risks and uncertainty.Effective working independently and in teams, mentoring and leading more junior petroleum engineers.Ability to manage confidential information with appropriate sensitivity.Exhibits the core Premier behaviours of creativity, decisiveness, delivery, openness and ability to work well with others in a team environment
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.