|Location||State College, PA|
|Date Posted||February 15, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
The candidate will work as part of an interdisciplinary team planning and executing Eclipse Resources unconventional development drilling program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage geosteering of horizontal Utica and Marcellus wells.
- Create geologic prognoses; generate geologic interpretations and recommendations related to development play optimization.
- Recommend data acquisitions necessary to maximize asset development.
- Geologic mapping using well log, petrophysical and seismic data;
- Develop regional stratigraphic correlations.
- Generate and update geologic maps, cross-sections and presentations.
- Provide technical support to operating and reservoir teams.
- Occasional well site work required.
Will supervise an Operations Geologist and a Geological Technician
OTHER Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor/train others in department as needed.
- Comply with all regulatory, environmental and safety rules and standards, as well as company policy.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform all job duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other functions/duties as required.
Minimum Education, Qualifications, & Skills:
- B.S. in Geology with an emphasis in petroleum geology; advanced degree is a plus.
- 5-6+ years of oil and gas industry experience preferred.
- Unconventional shale and geosteering experience.
- Appalachian Basin experience highly preferred.
- Experience using ArcGIS, GeoGraphix Discover and Boresight geosteering software highly desirable.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Fundamental knowledge of basin analysis methods.