|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Senior Operations Geologist in United Arab Emirates
Monitors all geological field operations for operated exploration, appraisal and development wells drilling. Includes directing analysis, interpretation and evaluation of incoming data and the preparation of daily Geological reports. Responsible for the preparation of detailed well prognosis, well planning, execution of well program, mapping and analysis of geological data and the integration of the same into geological models for further appraisal/development drilling and planning. Support the tendering process for geological services for the development wells scope of work, technical qualification and assessment of bidders)
- Supervise Wellsite operations and specific contracts to perform well operation work for all drilling activities and development well programs.
- Take key role in the preparation of Geological Well Prognosis, end of well documentation, analysis and reporting to Internal/external parties.
- Attends daily drilling meeting and serves as key Interface between wellsite and development geoscience team.
- Assist with definition of Scope of Work/evaluation of geoscience related drilling tenders and contracts (wireline, mud logging, coring etc.).
- Ensure distribution of all wellsite data & reports to subsurface operation team and all agreed JV partners.
- Planning, execution , supervising of deviated well and horizontal well
- The experience to analyze model, well top, geological & operational uncertainties and risks
- Good understanding of the tool and work flow for the drilling operation at the well site
- Planning, optimizing, supervising, QC and interpretation of data gathering program for Carbonate, tight carbonate, sand, Unconventional target
- Good communication with geologist, geophysicist, petrophysicist, RE & PE
- In cooperation with the Subsurface operation staff, organizes the logistics and movement of all logging tools and reservoir and geological samples from the rig, through company registration process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sciences (Geology).
- Work Experience • 15 -20 years of technical experience as a geologist, 10 or more in an Operations/wellsite geological role.
- Recent operations geological experience on a major development projects (preferably in the Middle East)
- Regional reservoirs experience in Carbonate, tight carbonate, sand, on offshore, Unconventional target, Oil & Gas reservoirs, fracturing etc.)
- The experience for well prognosis preparation and planning, execution, supervising, result analysis, report documentation and data management for drilling operation