|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
An independent provider of world leading, interpretation software and services seeks a Senior Geoscientist to provide technical expertise to support clients, give technical demos for pre-sales support and develop high quality, accurate interpretations of seismic data using their software. You will also be expected to share knowledge and expertise across the global Geosciences team, mentor other team members and support continuous improvement activities. Applicants are invited with a minimum of 8 years industry experience in interpreting 3D seismic data within an Operator. The role is based in Kuala Lumpur and their preference is for a Malaysian national. This role would be ideal. Confidence, commitment, energy and a desire to find innovative solutions will be key to achieving success in this role.
The Company has an established and developing client base ranging from start-ups to global oil and gas exploration and development companies. Offering software technologies, training and consultancy services, their innovative products ensure intuitive, real-time interpretation of the 3D morphology of geological elements imaged within seismic data; greatly adding to the understanding of the subsurface. Use of their proprietary software products has become an accepted integral part of the G&G workflows within many clients’ organisations. It has been successfully proven in hundreds of conventional and unconventional reservoir projects, reducing subjectivity and providing clients with accurate and informed decision making.
Reporting to Regional VP and working closely with the Company’s Geosciences Manager, this role encompasses many functions including:
• Become competent in the Company’s suite of software solutions, services, work flows and practices.
• Provide technical expertise to support the Sales team during sales visits and client support activities. Identify and generate leads.
• Provide on-site consultancy and workflow integration support for Company workflows and results.
• Engage with clients at a high level to understand complex interpretation challenges and provide solutions.
• Investigate new workflows to solve client and internal challenges.
• Deliver projects to agreed objectives and timeframes.
• Create and deliver technical webinars to the user community and internally.
• Write and present conference abstracts & papers.
The successful candidate will have:
• Geoscience Degree essential. Geophysics preferable.
• A minimum of 8 years’ oil and gas industry experience in an Operator essential. Experience in a Services or Consultancy Company highly advantageous.
• Experience of interpreting 3D seismic data, including well ties, well correlation and geologic modelling building. essential.
• Strong background of working in an exploratory manner with clients and colleagues to troubleshoot and identify a range of technical solutions highly desired.
• Experience of delivering project work to meet specific deadlines and requirements.
• Ability to establish a high level of professional credibility with clients at all levels.
• Excellent client facing skills, particularly an ability to establish effective customer relationships.
• Ability to work independently with minimal support.
• Confident and articulate communicator with the ability to network effectively.
• Willingness and ability to travel frequently.