|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||February 7, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Senior Geoscientist – geological integrator
Independent oil and gas company with a team is composed of distinguished professionals from the Mexican and international oil and gas sector with over 400 years of cumulative experience with direct applicability to Mexico’s opportunity set is looking for a Senior Geoscientist – geological integrator
Position Location: Houston, TX, with ability to travel 4~6 times annually to Mexico City
Position Pay: Day rate; Depending on Experience
Position Type: Full Time Contract – (6 mo. - 1 yr.)
- This candidate needs to be an experienced geologist/geoscientist that has worked as technical lead in prospect maturation and has strong integration skills both at the exploration and appraisal scale.
- This is not a hands-off project / exploration manager role, but a technical lead role for a strong hands-on integrator with expert skills in data manipulation from various sources using ArcGIS, Excel, Crystal Ball and Petrel seismic mapping.
- Able to demonstrate his/her skills at technical level in leading, coaching mentoring others.
- Must be able to effectively influence and lead integrated work practices within a technical team and with partners’/management in the generation and maturation of prospects in a deep water turbidite setting and the identification of the key risks.
- Must be able to know how to use seismic to reduce risking as much as possible, prior to drill commitment. Knows application of NAZ and WAZ seismic methods and has used AVO gather analysis to risk reduce in previous roles and can quantify strength of AVO support. Also able to understand deep charge timing/focus risking – Trinity software user of benefit.
- Needs to have own working knowledge of both clastic & carbonate reservoirs / plays in Gulf of Mexico & be able to clearly communicate to management – play / prospect volumes and key risks.
- Must also be able to patiently and concisely communicate ideas in English to technical team of reservoir engineers, geophysicists, petrophyicist, management & partners
- Position reporting to Subsurface Director in Mexico City
- University Science Degree in bachelors in geology or similar geoscience related background (Masters preferred).
- 15 years’ work experience, preference to have oil company experience of both Mexico and international petroleum basins, including salt basins
- Understands Trinity, Petrel and Crystal Ball software applications and can steer technical work using same software by hands-on use. Strong mentoring skills. Strong data manipulation skills.
- Lead role in deep water prospect and lead maturation alongside junior geophysicist, plus broader coaching / help across Sierra projects – mainly Sureste offshore.
- Works very effectively with people from different backgrounds & disciplines, helps others to succeed in close small team environment
- Self-Starter, works with very minimal supervision, hard worker, delivers on time to high standard
- Good previous work record, knows Gulf of Mexico plays
- Able to communicate fluently in English and with some Spanish