|Date Posted||May 31, 2017|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Shell in Bolivia (now encompassing the BG Bolivia assets) operates the La Vertiente Block which gathers natural gas from six different fields into a single processing plant and has participating interests in the Margarita and Itaú fields. Production is sold to the Argentine, Brazilian, and domestic markets. The Margarita field is part of the Caipipendi Block and one of the largest producing assets in Bolivia. In 2013, BG Bolivia was awarded rights to explore and further develop the Huacareta Block, the largest undeveloped area in Bolivia, which is 4 times as large as the Caipipendi Block.
We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society’s energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact.
We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Job Description
- The Senior Exploration Geoscientist will contribute to the delivery of organic growth in line with Shell Integrated Gas and Exploration strategy.
- A key member of the Exploration subsurface team, the Senior Exploration Geoscientist will be responsible for delivering and managing G&G studies and supporting drilling operations in the Caipipendi and Huacareta blocks, as well as future licenses.
- Show proactive accountability for HSSE, drive Goal Zero and the Life Saving Rules. Influence and encourage other internal and external stakeholders to adopt these practices and operate in a safe manner consistent with Shell business principles.
- As a Technical/Project Lead, drive proactive integration of play based exploration into prospect & leads evaluations and take a leading role in fully integrated geoscience evaluations.
- Carry out regional and prospect specific evaluations, including the interpretation of 2D/3D seismic data to produce high quality maps, and volumetrics.
- Prepare auditable volumes and risking for prospects according to Shell methodology
- Actively support the construction and the oversight of well proposals and well evaluation reports.
- Contribute to the exploration portfolio ranking, based on economic metrics and criteria, coupled with commercial awareness.
- Support the annual business plan and resource reporting processes.
- Take an active part in peer reviews, and partner meetings.
- Coach and Mentor other staff as an essential accountability, with knowledge transfer and new technology development (internally and externally) being an active part of the role.
- Maintain and apply updated awareness of competitor activities (success and failure) to Shell’s current understanding of petroleum systems and acreage attractiveness.
- Position for Bolivian Nationals only;
- Advanced degree in Geosciences;
- 10-15 years of EP experience;
- Proven strong structural geologic and geophysical skills in various stratigraphic and structural settings, including Sub-Andean Basin;
- Demonstrated experience in drilling operations and wellsite geological support;
- Excellent workstation skills and ability to provide high quality 2D, 3D and other interpretations;
- Track record in successful delivery of regional studies and constructing subsurface models;
- Skilled in collaboration and integration with technical experts from other disciplines, especially related to process safety: pore pressure prediction, shallow hazard analysis, depth conversion techniques, petrophysical analysis and geochemistry related H2S analysis;
- Qualitative assessment and evaluation of QI outcomes, seismic attributes and seismic inversion. Seamless integration into prospect evaluation and maturation. Ability to challenge geophysical outcomes;
- Skill level for risk and uncertainty analysis and volumetrics;
- Excellent understanding of probabilistic ranges and outcomes and the impact on project economics and commerciality;
- Previous experience in working with Development or in Near Field Exploration setting;
- Track record for driving new technology applications;
- A willingness to accept personal responsibility for projects and to work with and through others to deliver value to Shell;
- Ability to think independently, form independent judgments and challenge conventional answers when not supported by facts;
- Courage to challenge ideas and proposals that do not meet objective scrutiny as well as the honesty to admit when you don’t know something;
- Eager to learn new Shell system, tools, applications and processes and transfer learning to others;
- Excellent coaching skills and strong desire to share learnings and transfer own experience to junior staff.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.