|Location||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Date Posted||April 16, 2019|
Senior Geophysicist - Netherlands
Element 6 Recruitment is working with an international oil & gas company in the Netherlands, looking to identify a Senior Geophysicist to conduct seismic interpretation & geophysical studies across exploration, development & production projects.
As a part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Senior Geophysicist will:
- Be responsible for geophysical work and studies on regional, basin and field assessments, as well as development projects in Southern North Sea.
- Work with the subsurface team, in the evaluation of prospects, leading to proposals for the drilling of new wells.
- Act as the technical leader on projects, including coordinating cross-discipline activities.
- Provide expertise & technical support to younger & more junior team members.
- Contribute to technical proposals, reports and partner-presentations.
- Participate in the technical evaluation of new business opportunities.
The Right Person:
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Have relevant qualifications (ideally MSc or higher in geophysics) or equivalent, with a number of years of experience in seismic interpretation.
- Be experienced in working on projects in the Netherlands or Southern North Sea for a regional or international oil & gas operating company
- Be familiar with quantitative rock physics techniques.
- Have a thorough understanding of velocity analysis and depth conversion.
- Be experienced in working on operated ventures.
- Be a strong communicator, fluent in written & spoken English. Dutch language skills would be extremely advantageous.
- Be experienced working in a multi-disciplinary or integrated team, therefore having worked closely with reservoir engineers, petrophysicists, drilling engineers etc.
This role is offered on a full-time staff basis, on a local contract. The successful candidate will need to have the right to live & work in the Netherlands, as unfortunately, our client cannot currently sponsor work visa applications.
Element 6 Recruitment is currently inviting applications for this position, with successfully shortlisted candidates to be introduced to our client within the next 2 weeks.