|Location||St Johns, Canada|
|Date Posted||June 17, 2017|
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky, Atlantic Region is currently looking for a Senior Geophysicist to join the Exploration group within the Subsurface Team.
The Senior Geophysicist will be a key member of an integrated team of diverse professionals that together are responsible for identifying and quantifying exploration opportunities, evaluating existing discoveries for development potential, and monitoring and evaluating partner-operated projects offshore Newfoundland and Labrador.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing 3D and 2D seismic data to generate horizon and fault interpretations in a highly rifted setting.
- Collaborating with other geoscientists to apply sequence stratigraphic principles
- Assessing tectonic timing, and structural and bathymetric controls on reservoir distribution and quality.
- Analyzing seismic attributes to evaluate potential fluid signals and to extract reservoir quality and paleodepositional trends where possible.
- Identifying and quantifying structural and combination structural-stratigraphic traps.
- Generating structural frameworks in support of trap seal analysis, volumetric estimations, and static and simulation models.
- Assisting in preparing regulatory applications and interfacing with the Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board.
- Maintaining and enhancing knowledge and skills by keeping informed of technical advancements in the geosciences field.
- Presenting internally to peers and management, as well as externally to partners.
- Coaching and mentoring junior geoscientists within the team.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Geophysics.
- Member in good standing or eligible for Professional Geoscientist status with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a geophysicist role working within the oil and gas industry.
- Seismic mapping and sequence stratigraphic interpretation experience in highly structured basins.
- Familiarity with interpretation workstations and strong computing skills.
- Knowledge of synthetic seismogram generation, velocity modeling and depth conversion.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively.
- Superior analytical skills and the ability to identify key issues based on relevant data and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines and backgrounds.
- Excellent presentation as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in AVO/seismic attribute analysis.
- Prior experience working geophysical data from offshore Eastern Canada.
- Knowledge of geophysical data acquisition and processing implications for data visualization and analysis.
The deadline for the submission of all applications is Monday, July 10th, 2017.