|Date Posted||May 13, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
The Khazzan Project is a major onshore tight gas development project that is expected to see approximately 300 wells drilled over 15 years by 8 Rigs ramping production up to 1 BCF/D with production start-up expected in Q4 2017. The subsurface part of the project will be delivered by a dedicated Subsurface Team based in Muscat, Oman.
BP is currently seeking an experienced Senior Geophysicist to work primarily in New Well Delivery (NWD) in the Reservoir Development organization supporting the Khazzan project. The successful candidate will be required to play a pivotal supporting role in the subsurface planning of wells for 8 rigs campaign. The well planning process may include overburden characterization, trajectory planning, risk management, completion of well planning documentations. The Candidate will also provide geophysical input to communication and operational decision-making for the drilling of wells( for 2/3 Rigs). The emphasis of the role is on field development well planning, operational support and integration of new well data into reservoir understanding in the office.
- Pivotal role in the subsurface NWD team in efficiently planning sufficient wells for 2 – 4 Drilling Rigs.
- Ensure subsurface planning and execution of wells meets BP standards and practices adhering to the new NWD common process.
- Completion of detailed offset well reviews as required to understand Non Productive Time events
- Detailed mapping of 3D seismic horizons to provide and maintain a field wide overburden description and model for trajectory planning
- Key role in well planning activity for current and future development wells, including optimising surface locations and well targets, preparation of well planning documents for individual, or clusters of, wells to document: well objectives, trajectory, prognosis, hazards, risks and uncertainties, data acquisition plan and decision trees.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis of 3D volumes and derived attributes to define seismically derived reservoir and overburden properties.
- Use post-well results and log data to update seismic velocity maps for depth conversion
- As required, prepare well data acquisition plans, concentrating on geophysical relevant wellbore surveillance e.g. VSPs, microseismic, checkshots and sonic logging.
- Ensure effective communication between subsurface, wells and other relevant teams.
- Provide subsurface input to operational decisions.
- Participate in timely completion of end of well reviews.
- Integration of data from new wells into reservoir understanding and description
A minimum of BSc Degree or equivalent in Geophysics or related sciences
(Master of Science would be a plus)
Essential experience and job requirements
- This role only open for Omani nationals
- An extensive grounding in Geosciences (ideally, 10-15 years relevant industry experience) is required, with a passion for working in operational settings. Candidates experience should include: basic seismic acquisition operations, seismic processing, depth conversion and prestack seismic attribute studies, in addition to a track record of successful seismic interpretation in support of development well planning projects.
- Strong candidates for this role will have:
- Extensive well planning experience in a variety of depositional and structural settings in the oil/gas industry, ideally including experience of horizontal, hydraulically fractured wells in Oman.
- Experience in mapping and interpreting structure and seismic facies in 3D volumes, including: use of quantitative attributes (e.g. Net to Gross, net pay, net sand, AVO, inversion, seismic rock properties analysis, seismically derived fluid properties and calibrated depth conversion).
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of technical specialists. The ability to work effectively within and across teams to create integrated products
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Experience in Tight gas environments is a plus
- Ability to use and integrate seismic data with geological data
- Competency in the appraisal of structural development geophysics
- Petrel user
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location)
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.