|Date Posted||November 7, 2017|
Job Title: Senior Geophysicist (Seismic Acquisition Design & Operation)
Reports to: Exploration Manager
This will be a short-term assignment of senior Geophysicist position. Incumbent would champion all seismic data acquisition/ processing projects for OOCEP exploration department. The incumbent must have track records demonstrating strong ability to design both 2/3D seismic acquisition program.
2. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Carry out assessment of parameters and quality of all available geophysical/seismic data
- Prepare proposal for new seismic data acquisition/ processing program, taking account safety, cost and value of information.
- Designing of 2/3D seismic acquisition program including (but not limited to) receiver/ source configuration, generation of field and frequency maps, max. usable offset, migration aperture and full fold
- Propose of various feasible geometries/ parameters options to ensure meeting of technical objectives and cost efficiency
- Coordinate seismic design workshop
- Carry out design study to validate proposed parameters
- Prepare scope of work of 2/3D seismic acquisition/processing program
- Prepare tender strategy of proposed seismic acquisition program for shareholder’s approval
- Carry out technical evaluation of the technical bids and prepare recommendation for shareholder’s approval
- Mentor junior staff as required
3. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Min. Bachelor degree in Geophysics (Masters Degree desirable), with strong technical experience of geophysical seismic data acquisition and processing as well as geophysical/ geological principles and interpretation techniques.
- 10+ years’ experience in designing onshore 2/3D seismic program
- Should have strong Oman working experience
- Should have experience in seismic acquisition/ processing, QC methodology, and field operation experience
- Knowledge of technological advances in seismic acquisition/ processing
- Hands on experience essential in related application/ workstation
- Strong interpersonal with effective oral and written communication. Results oriented with ability to prioritize and deliver results.
- Ability to develop and mentor local junior staff
EPS East Operations Services