|Date Posted||October 11, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||20|
Natural Resources seeking to recruit a Senior Geophysicist for their client’s New Ventures Department : on a Residential contract based in Qatar
Geophysical screening of New Ventures (NV) and leading fast track prospect validation, maturation and endorsement / value assurance process in global high cost impact opportunities.
- 20 years preferably with experience in NV in locations such as but not limited to; Americas, Africa, MENA & Europe.
- Must be sound in seismic acquisition processing technologies and fully conversant and capable in seismic interpretation ( and appreciate the limits and possible variances of data acquisition techniques) used to determine rocks fluid content in clastic and carbonate reservoirs, conventional and unconventional and familiar in reservoir characterization by using techniques employed in:
o Quantative Interpretation (QI).
o Amplitude Versus Offset (AVO).
o Amplitude Versus Angle (AVA).
o Zoeppritz Equations.
o Rock Physics.
o Inversion Studies
o Attribute analysis
- Experienced and able to demonstrate application of specialist software and tools such as; RockDoc, Hampson Russel (Strata), Geoframe, Paradigm, Petrel, Landmark DecisionSpace, Techlog, Jason Geoscience Workbench.
- A track record working with renown international operators and managing consultants will be an asset.
- B.Sc. with a major in Geoscience subject
If you wish to be considered the above position please send CV/Resume in microsoft word format