|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||June 5, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
Senior Geophysicist – Malaysia – E&P Company
Morson International is looking to identify a local Malaysian Senior Geophysicist to work for a reputable E&P Company in Malaysia.
1. KEY OBJECTIVES
* Carries out independent 3D seismic interpretation of key reservoir horizons and well ties for multiple field development and appraisal oil and gas projects in the offshore shallow water Sarawak Basin, as part of the Subsurface Development Department, primarily using Petrel interpretation applications.
* Applies depth conversion to time interpretations with thorough understanding and application of velocity models as determined from VSP and geological data.
* Works with 3D seismic and inversion volumes of existing fields to apply quantitative interpretation techniques such as AVO and attribute analysis, fluid substitution, pore pressure prediction and rock physics techniques to optimize and high-grade near-field exploration, appraisal and infill development opportunities.
* Works closely with development geologists and geomodellers to extract facies geometries and distributions from seismic data to help populate static geocellular models.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
* A Staff Geophysicist is expected to lead their own projects and work independently of direct supervision with creativity to generate value.
* Responsible for undertaking seismic interpretations and horizon mapping for use in field development plans, well prognosis and development wells during drilling across a variety of fields and opportunities.
* Required to generate new satellite field and infill well location ideas, including stratigraphic trapping concepts, and to optimize well targets and trajectories to minimise well costs but maximise resources and reserves.
* Works with Petrel and RokDoc (and any other appropriate software applications) to generate seismic attribute or inversion volumes that aid geobody and reservoir interpretation.
* Provides geophysical input into pre-drill well proposals and post-drill well reports.
* Responsible for loading new seismic and well data and well trajectories with periodic updates.
* Responsible for optimizing well trajectories in relation to seismic interpretations making full use of attribute and inversion volumes.
* Responsible for preparing presentation materials that integrate seismic interpretations into field development plans, well proposals and Government regulator reviews to Petronas.
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* A relevant degree in geoscience or physics, ideally with a post-graduate qualification at MSc or PhD level in a relevant geophysical subject.
* Energetic self-starter capable of setting and achieving multiple milestones with aggressive timelines to create value from geophysical data and projects.
* A minimum of 12 years’ geophysical interpretation work experience, mostly spent within an operating E&P company, resulting in an ability to work competently without direct supervision in most aspects of seismic interpretation to solve complex geophysical problems.
* An advanced level of workstation skills in 3D seismic interpretation, at least some of which has been undertaken in the Petrel application environment; some experience of RokDoc for rock physics modelling of rock and fluid properties.
* Several years of applied seismic interpretation experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams on a wide range of field development projects, ideally associated with stacked multiple oil and gas reservoirs.
* Skilled in seismic data calibration, seismic to well ties, depth conversation, reservoir characterization and direct hydrocarbon detection from seismic.
* Expert knowledge of seismic stratigraphy and geomorphology, with an ability to interpret geological structures and stratigraphic relationships within seismic volumes.
* Excellent understanding of seismic data acquisition and processing methods in offshore settings providing an ability to work with specialist sub-contractors to assess the impact of data acquisition and processing methods on data interpretation, accuracy and validity.