|Date Posted||February 1, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
- With limited supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Perform survey design, quotations and proposal for onshore geophysical surveys.
- Responsible for planning and overseeing geophysical data in the field.
- Perform reduction, processing and interpretations of geophysical data.
- Prepare of factual and interpretative reports.
- Assist with marketing the geophysics group and developing client relationships.
- Assist with training and development of junior staff.
- Be able to travel extensively (required), both domestically and internationally.
- Meet all utilization goals as determined by Activity Center Manager or supervisor.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Master’s degree in Geophysics, PhD preferred
- 5 to 10 years of experience in geophysics; some seismic processing experience preferred.
- Must be able to travel; current passport necessary.
- Awareness and implement project risk control and risk management.
- Knowledge of various near-surface geophysical techniques; including GPR, EM, and Resistivity andSeismic.
- Competent at writing interpretative reports and / or papers.
- Programming ability; experience in Full Waveform Seismic Analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess or be able to obtain valid passport.
- Performs moderate work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Daily activities include both field and office environments.
- Some travel may be required including possible long-term out-of-town assignments.
- Possible international travel/assignments may be required.
- Master’s degree in Geophysics; PhD preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in geophysics; some seismic processing experience preferred. Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.