|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||November 16, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
A large Oil and Gas company based in Houston is looking for a Senior Geophysicist to join their team. The Geophysicist will be actively involved in the development of onshore US assets, with a specific focus on the Permian basin. The ideal candidate will have experience in detailed reservoir characterization techniques, and will be fluent with all relevant current and emerging industry technologies within the discipline.
• Seismic interpretation experience utilizing 2D/3D seismic interpretation software to create synthetic seismograms, produce structural/stratigraphic maps and frameworks, and to integrate seismic interpretations with geologic and engineering data to help identify key reservoir benches and characterize reservoir models.
• Extensive experience in the identification and utilization of seismic attributes and seismic inversion studies, as well as techniques to identify fractures via coherence, curvature, ant-tracking or other attributes, to aid in the characterization of reservoir models.
• Additional experience in Quantitative Interpretation including geostatistics, seismic inversion, and rock physics tools (RocDoc or equivalent) to produce predictive maps and volumes of rock properties from seismic data at field and exploration scales is highly desirable.
• A working understanding of seismic acquisition and processing and its impact on data confidence and the interpretation process.
• An understanding of and/or experience using geophysical methods for reservoir and production monitoring, including vertical seismic profile (VSP) and microseismic studies.
• Experience with supporting reserves estimation and petroleum economics based upon geotechnical mapping.
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information.
Specific skills and education requirements:
• Master’s Degree in Geophysics or Geology with 8 years petroleum industry experience preferred or Bachelor’s
Degree in Geophysics or Geology with 15 years petroleum industry experience.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in a petroleum exploration or developmental geoscience position, including experience in the identification, evaluation and appraisal of exploration and development drilling opportunities.
• Shale reservoirs / Unconventional Play experience
• Experience in well planning and drilling operations
• Good understanding of petrophysical interpretation and modeling
• Experience using Landmark/Openworks, Hampson Russell, and Petrel software as well as DrillingInfo and I.H.S databases.
• Permian Basin experience