|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||December 12, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Oxy is a growing, action-oriented exploration and production company continually working to be one of industry’s best. Our success has and will continue to be dependent upon our talented workforce. We are currently looking for experienced, motivated, creative and entrepreneurial individuals to fill a geophysicist position on our Exploration team. This position will report to the Exploration Geophysics Manager and will be located in Houston.
You will be part of an integrated team of highly qualified geoscientists, geophysicists, petrophysicists, and technicians tasked with identifying play concepts and generating prospects for all of our assets globally.
Oxy is looking for highly motivated individuals with the qualifications indicated below. If you are interested in joining a fast paced, action-oriented team, please apply for this position.
Working with a team to help identify play concepts and generate prospects using 2D and 3D seismic for structural, stratigraphic, and quantitative interpretation. Apply skills by using state of the art tools to map and describe prospects, understand reservoir properties, quantify risk, and participate in volumetric and reserves estimations. Mentoring less experienced geoscientists on the team.
• Interpretation oriented geophysicist with Master’s Degree in Geology or Geophysics and 10 years or more of Geophysical interpretation experience
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in a petroleum exploration geophysicist position
• Proven track record in generating prospects and discovering hydrocarbons
• Seismic interpretation experience in the identification, evaluation and appraisal of exploration drilling opportunities using 2D and 3D seismic data, and other geophysical data.
• Experienced with post-stack and pre-stack seismic inversion
• Strong structural geology background with experience in all tectonic systems, in all geologic environments and all reservoir types
• Proficient with Landmark DecisionSpace or Petrel and Microsoft Office
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and meet critical deadlines.
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a multi-discipline team environment.
• Strong business acumen and problem solving skills
• Great communication skills with ability to effectively share information to mentor/develop others.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team to technically and commercially evaluate opportunities utilizing all geophysical data
• Ability to apply new and off the shelf technologies and workflows to better define play concepts and identify prospects
• Experience in near field exploration
• International onshore experience
• Application of geophysics to unconventional plays experience
• Experience in interpreting gravity and magnetic data.
• Familiarity with seismic processing and seismic acquisition
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- United States-Texas-Houston
- CORP FUNC