|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
This position will be located in the Midland, Texas working with the Delaware Basin Subsurface Characterization team. Anadarko is seeking a Senior Geophysicist who has significant experience with field development, appraisal mapping, microseismic data, and regional evaluations using available well control and the 3D and 2D seismic data base.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ of relevant experience
- Proficient working knowledge of processes and methodologies utilized in regional to prospect level evaluation including play and petroleum systems analysis, prospect generation and recommendation, exploration and delineation well planning and drilling, and post-drill analysis.
- Strong fundamental geoscience skillset, with strengths in 2D/3D seismic and microseismic acquisition, processing and interpretation, GIS software, and well log interpretation
- Demonstrates ability to clearly convey concepts and objectives verbally; in presentations and in written reports
- Excellent communication and coordination skills for working in a multi-disciplined team environment and is willing to mentor less experienced geoscience and engineering staff
- Prospect generator in unconventional resource exploration programs
- Familiarity with depth imaging and seismic attribute generation
- Knowledgeable with the use of seismic for fracture detection and delineation
- Experience with the interpretation and integration of micro-seismic data
- Proficient in 2D onshore seismic interpretation and pitfalls
- Horizontal well placement mapping in designated area
- Appraisal of current and future discoveries
- Generation of regional scale integrated structural and stratigraphic interpretations by using seismic data and information from key wells to recommend areas of interest to management for further exploration
- Work with other Anadarko teams to plan, execute and evaluate exploration and appraisal wells
- Represent the company at partner and government technical committee meetings
- Evaluate outside submittals/proposals and advise management of technical details
- Advisor/Mentor for less experienced geoscience and engineering staff
B.S., M.S. or PhD degree in geology, geophysics or physics is required. M.S. or PhD degree in geophysics is strongly preferred.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
Travel will be required up to 25%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.