|Date Posted||May 9, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Sproule, a leading global energy consulting firm, is seeking a Senior Geophysicist with extensive experience working for international E&P and oil services companies. The position provides the opportunity to apply your geophysical interpretation skills to a challenging diversity of geophysical projects worldwide for a broad group of clients. Experience in a wide range of complex structural settings including extensional, compressional and strike slip systems in regional and field scale are essential, as are superior skills in stratigraphic interpretation techniques, seismic attribute analysis and 3D visualization & voxel filtering techniques. The ability to work independently or with a multi-disciplinary team is essential. Knowledge of Petrel and SeisWare is required and Kingdom skills would be advantageous. You must have strong communication and report writing skills, be adept at presenting your technical opinions to clients, and bring a client-first focus to all engagements.
You will work side-by-side with other highly skilled professionals to continually enhance your own technical and consulting skills. This position offers an attractive compensation plan. Salary is commensurate with production company standards. You may also have the potential to become a shareholder of the company.
Reporting to Vice President of Geosciences, a successful candidate must:
- Have a minimum of 15 years’ relevant geophysical experience in the oil and gas industry;
- Possess a strong background in relevant software applications;
- Be highly organized with the ability to manage their own time and deliver to tight project timelines;
- Be highly analytical/methodical with a strong ability to understand technical problems, assess the best tools available and deliver the best solution to clients;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with a strong ability to interact effectively with team members and clients;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English with the ability to listen and discuss technical matters in a clear and articulate manner;
- Have be able to write technical reports in a clear and concise manner in English;
- The ability to promote Sproule and obtain new business is a plus;
- Believe that client focus is key.