|Date Posted||October 13, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Harvest Operations Corp. is a diverse energy company based out of Calgary offering exposure to conventional upstream oil and natural gas production and SAGD operations. We are focused on identifying opportunities to create and deliver value with an active development program and a technical approach taken to maximize our assets.
Harvest has an immediate opening for a Senior Geophysicist reporting to the Area Manager. This is a contract leading to full-time position based in Calgary.
- Undertake individual geophysical projects and activities in conjunction with team and corporate goals and objectives;
- Project work will focus largely on advanced seismic interpretation, geophysical mapping and seismic processing parameters;
- Provide recommendations on potential drilling opportunities and development follow-up activities;
- Cross-functional project involvement with geological, engineering and land personnel;
- Efficient management of capital costs and project schedules.
- Minimum of a MSc. In Geophysics and 10+ years of experience.
- Expert knowledge of Petrel or Kingdom
- Expert knowledge of Seisware, GeoSyn, and HampsonRussell
- Expert knowledge of GeoScout
- Knowledge of role mechanical properties and petrophysics
- Strong background with advanced geophysical concepts and activities including seismic interpretation, mapping techniques and seismic processing.
- High ethical and work standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse personalities, functional groups and senior level staff.
Harvest Operations Corp. provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including both short term and long term incentive plans. We are committed to providing ongoing professional development and opportunities for career advancement. Please visit Harvest’s website at www.harvestenergy.ca to learn more about our company.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Harvest Operations Corp.
1500, 700 – 2nd Street SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2W1
*Please reference “Job Posting - #10008 – Senior Geophysicist” in the subject of your email.
We sincerely thank those who apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.