|Location||Kuwait City, Kuwait|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2018|
INTERNATIONAL ENERGY COMPANY
Due to expansion in activities and recent asset acquisitions, an International Energy Company is seeking to resource an experienced Senior Geophysicist who will be based in Kuwait and assigned to an International Asset.
Summary of Role:
The appointee will act as a Geophysical Technical Authority.
· The Appointee will provide geophysical expertise and support for all aspects of the company's exploration and development activities. Reviews, interprets and maps seismic data relating to operated, non-operated and new venture projects. Provides an independent geophysical evaluation as part of an on-going technical review to enable a full commercial evaluation of all assets.
· Coordinate projects for specified assets (technical financial etc). in the capacity of project coordinator Monitor operators technical activity budgets, Fes, expenditure, production forecasting and proposals.
· Provide input on annual budgeting and reserves reporting to reduce risk exposure associated with assigned projects.
· Propose / follow geophysical data acquisition / processing on Company regional assets.
· Work proactively with team members to seek New Venture opportunities and provide the geophysical inputs in the review and assessment of new opportunities within the region.
· Undertake 2D / 3D 4-D seismic interpretation mapping, depth conversation and seismic attribute analysis using specialised software / workstations to identify durable economic prospects. Provide input on regular updating of geophysical maps based on new well / seismic data generated.
· Undertakes seismic structural interpretation, mapping and seismic attribute studies using workstation interpretation, and mapping and cartographic software to identify drillable, economic prospects.
· Performs geophysical studies using workstation and PC-based software, and writes technical reports in conjunction with team members and support staff.
· Represents Company at Technical and Operating Committee Meetings, workshops, farmout presentations and industry technical conferences.
· Work with team members pro-actively to seek New Venture opportunities to achieve corporate aims in production and reserves base.
· Assists in providing training and transfer of technical skills to national employees.
Required Experience / Qualifications
University Degree in Geoscience Subject
Minimum 15 years' experience as Geophysicist in a variety of operating Environments, preferably with International Operator.
Familiar with using Geological, Geophysical, Petrophysical Engineering Data, along with experience in Seismic analysis, modelling.
Team Leadership skills
The appointee will be invited to join the expatriate staff payroll on long term residential contract (married or single status). The importance of this key role will be reflected in the generous salary and expatriate benefits which includes end of service benefit, child education assistance, company car, accommodation to a high standard, medical cover for self and family, annual rewards schemes etc.
Interviews : As soon possible
Please forward detailed copy of CV with contact telephone number home in domicile country by email (as an attachment in Microsoft Word Format) to AMA Energy Management Recruitment Consultancy, Tel: +44 (0)1189 465 882, Recruitment email: firstname.lastname@example.org. On receipt of your response a detailed job specification / client information will be provided. Quote Ref: AD163 - Senior Geophysicist (Kuwait)