|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||March 20, 2018|
Carigali Hess Operating Co. Sdn. Bhd. requires an experienced geophysical interpreter to evaluate existing discoveries and develop new plays within our Northern Malay Basin acreage.
The successful candidate will have around 15 years or more of exploration and development geology experience, most of which will have been gained in CLASTIC SYSTEMS with an international operating company. A strong background will be required in sequence stratigraphy, detailed seismic interpretation and seismic attribute analysis to define multiple pay intervals and define appraisal and development well locations.
Specific tasks will include:
• Seismic horizon and fault interpretation, and structural mapping
• Depth conversion and velocity modelling
• Employment of seismic attributes to identify likely pay intervals
• Proposing appraisal and development well targets and trajectories
• Presentation of results to management, shareholders and regulators
Experience in SE Asian fluvial to shallow marine clastic systems is essential, and previous Malay Basin experience will be an advantage. The successful candidate will work with Carigali Hess' Regional Team in Kuala Lumpur. He or she must be fluent in both spoken and written English, and have good presentations skills. Working experience with Petrel software will also be valuable.
Contract Duration: 12- 18 Months