|Location||California, United States|
|Date Posted||September 27, 2017|
We are seeking an experienced geoscientist to support exploitation and development of conventional, legacy oil plays in the Ventura Basin of California. Responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Provide Geoscience support for the Operations Team
- Assist in putting together development plans for existing asset base
- Work closely with reservoir engineers, landmen, field operations and financial analysts
- Evaluate conventional play opportunities in the Ventura Basin
- Map and communicate resource potential to management with high quality maps, cross sections, and other displays
- Perform regional geologic risk assessments of existing and/or emerging plays
- Minimal travel required
- Integrate and interpret multiple geologic and petrophysical parameters into a concise geologic model. Ability to incorporate geophysical understanding a plus
- Utilize surface and subsurface geotechnical data to generate geologic models through log correlation, cross-section construction, stratigraphic analysis, petrophysical analysis and strong mapping interpretation techniques.
- Expand and refine interpretations in existing plays and field as well as generate new play concepts.
- Utilize paper, raster and digital data sets with an expert ability to incorporate all data into a concise and defendable interpretation.
- Effectively utilize advanced geotechnical software tools in the interpretation process
- Convey technical findings through oral presentation and written to cross-technical teammates as well as upper management
- Periodically evaluate acquisition and divestiture opportunities
- Master's degree in Geology or Geophysics, or a Bachelor's degree with experience commensurate to a Master's degree, is required
- A minimum of 10 years of upstream oil/gas industry work experience
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in Petrel, GeoGraphix and/or Petra
- Proven track record of project generation and development of conventional clastic and oil shale reservoirs
- Experience with thrust belt and complex, conventional oil plays
- Must be able to work in the United States indefinitely
- Prior work experience in the Ventura Basin is highly desired
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal skills supporting ability to work with multiple individuals and concurrent project requirements/deadlines
- Successful candidate will possess interpersonal skills that include a high level of intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency in an environment with shifting priorities.
- Very strong computational, data management skills, and latest software and technology such as: Microsoft Office, MMRA, Landmark, SMT, Seisworks, GeoProbe, Geolog, Paradigm, Petra, Petrel, Geographix, ArcView, ArcGIS, Paradigm, programming languages a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Ventura, CA
- upstream oil/gas industry: 10 years