|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2017|
The candidate will be responsible for conducting regional subsurface evaluations of various unconventional plays and high grading areas for acreage capture. Must have the ability to collect, analyze and integrate geological, geophysical, geochemical, engineering and drilling data to generate exploration prospects and exploitation opportunities in unconventional plays. The candidate will proactively lead the safety of employees, contractors, Noble resources and protect the environment.
- Generates structural and stratigraphic maps, cross-sections, well log correlations, and integrates these into a petroleum systems framework
- Integrates multiple data types including biostratigraphic, geochemical, pressure, engineering, drilling and completions data as required for subsurface evaluations.
- Understands and contributes to risk, resource and economic assessments of unconventional plays
- Generates high quality unconventional prospects and makes recommendations to management for acreage capture
- Trains and mentors personnel.
- Represents Company to external parties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Geophysics required.
- Masters’ degree in Geology or Geophysics preferred.
- Typically requires 6 plus years related experience;
- Or, sufficient experience to demonstrate technical competency across multiple areas of advanced geological skills, such as prospect generation, development geology, or petroleum systems analysis.
- Normal office environment
- Some travel to field operations may be required
Job Title: Senior Geologist (Unconventional Exploration)
Location: Houston, TX, US
Organization Name: 3503 Unconventional Exploration