|Date Posted||April 24, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Reporting to the manager, geosciences, you will be accountable for the construction, maintenance and distribution of the annual 3D geological models for our operating and non-operating mining assets.
- Adhere to all our safety policies, procedures and practices
- Work with partners across the organization to ensure business needs are achieved
- Develop, validate and continually refine the 3D geological models
- Drive constant improvement in the quality of our existing geological models based on operational feedback
- Provide mentorship and technical support to team members and support them in their career development
- Assist the database administrator to ensure that quality assurance and quality control standards are met and maintained
- Coordinate and execute the reserves reporting process for mining
- Remain connected to academic and industry advances in geological understanding and technology
Experience and Education:
- Eight to 10 years of geological working experience in oil sands sedimentary deposits
- Post-secondary degree in Geosciences
- Registered with the association of professional engineers and geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) as a professional geoligist
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite and geological modeling packages such as Petrel and MineScape
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for geology, along with a willingness to challenge conclusions and interpretations
- Knowledgeable in geostatistical theory and well versed in siliciclastic sedimentology and stratigraphy
- Excellent analytical, organizational, social, and communications skills
- You enjoy personally and technically mentoring junior staff members
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineering
Job Segment: Engineer, Geology, Sustainability, Offshore Oil, Engineering, Energy